Where are you this weekend? 2018/19

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
This Saturday I am doing a Forces Charity game. No idea what to expect, but looking forward to it :chin:

Combined Services Barbarians v Keel Varsity.

I shall be resplendent in my new Royal Navy Society stash :biggrin:

Wednesday it is the Leicester Varsity game. (LU v DMU) at Welford Road.
4,000 drunken students...refereeing it, is down to Leicester Society.

Last edited:

TheBFG

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Friday night, AR for what is known as the biggest local derby at L6 in the county, will expect 1500+ spectators, :chin: wonder if there will be any beers consumed?

Sat - exchange to Glawwwsterrrrr, but closer than the rest of my fixtures in March :wink:

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
weekend off for me from coaching.

Off to Portland/Weymouth for Weymouth parkrun on Saturday morning, then Weymouth 10K Sunday morning :)

didds

Rich_NL

Rugby Expert
Post Likes
Saturday U16 or U14 friendly, Sunday there's a refs' day at my club - it's Super Sunday, four matches, so we're all getting together and inviting a couple of senior refs/coaches/assessors to have a chat. I'll be refereeing a team of mostly-under-20s vs. largely-military, so it'll probably be an aerobic workout for me.

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
weekend off for me from coaching.

Off to Portland/Weymouth for Weymouth parkrun on Saturday morning, then Weymouth 10K Sunday morning :)

didds

I used to live there :biggrin:

Flish

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
U15 7s Tournament at Barnard Castle School - Off now to get fit :sad:

OB..

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
In the bar.

My club has a Vice-Presidents lunch followed by a local derby, so I have parked my clipboard for the day.

Pablo

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Slough vs Aylesbury for me, at Level 7 in the indecisively-named Southern Counties North. Slough promoted last season; looking likely to make an instant return to Level 8... though they did win the fixture at Aylesbury earlier in the season...

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Slough vs Aylesbury for me, at Level 7 in the indecisively-named Southern Counties North. Slough promoted last season; looking likely to make an instant return to Level 8... though they did win the fixture at Aylesbury earlier in the season...

That must be the level above Berks, Bucks and Oxon Premier. My lad played in the BB&O Prem. I went to watch him a couple of times. It was bloody awful :)

beckett50

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Cup Match (Referee Cup)

Wellingborough Colts -v- Peterborough Colts

beckett50

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Another Cup Match this weekend.

EMRU Cup

Oundle -v- Bedford Athletic

Oundle lying 4th in East Mids 1 and Bedford Ath currently 8th in London & SE Premier.
with Ads - just trying to find the decent set of Society Comms that actually work :)

Flish

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
L8 / L9 - Durham County Plate Semi Final - Seaton Carew vs Houghton. Technically highest level I've reffed and a knockout to the losers to add some edge, looking forward to this one.

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
L8 / L9 - Durham County Plate Semi Final - Seaton Carew vs Houghton. Technically highest level I've reffed and a knockout to the losers to add some edge, looking forward to this one.

Good Luck !
Let us know how it goes

Rich_NL

Rugby Expert
Post Likes
Good luck! Any thoughts on what you're going to have to be sharp on, or are you going to take it as it comes?

Flish

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Good luck! Any thoughts on what you're going to have to be sharp on, or are you going to take it as it comes?

Only had a few L9 games as I work up, but the main things for me are keeping the breakdown area clear (less calls of hands off and quicker pings, certainly early on) and anticipating the play a bit better as I move. All else is as it comes I think

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6

I've refereed at Seaton Carew. It was very pleasant next to the sea in September.

Good luck.