2015 RWC ticket prices

Browner

Banned
Post Likes
Just been looking at the RWC 2015 schedule again. It's so difficult trying to estimate which QF/SF game to apply for.....

It's unrealistic for the organisers not to expect a whole host of unwanted QF & SF & Final tickets not to end up needing reselling.

does anyone know what the process is for how these tickets will then get resold on by the organisers, ie....is this the queue you need to be at the front of?

winchesterref

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
I think twickers has priced me out of the England games unfortunately. Going to be the pub for me, possibly at home, and catch games at peripheral grounds like Villa Park.

Ciaran Trainor

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
Haven't met anyone who is going to apply for tickets. Everyone thinks tey are over priced.
Much cheaper to sit with your mates at your club, have a few beers and watch from there.

Stuartg

Referees in England
Post Likes
Haven't met anyone who is going to apply for tickets. Everyone thinks tey are over priced.
Much cheaper to sit with your mates at your club, have a few beers and watch from there.

My sentiments exactly. Cost of ticket , cost and hassle of transport, overpriced food - to me it's a no brainer, stay at home and invite some mates round.

Stephen Elliott

Facebook Member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 9

Stuartg

Referees in England
Post Likes
The letter came out this weekend with our Club Allocation. It clearly states for internal use only not for publication, but I feel it is important for our members to know the rules so I have published the relevant section on the process... but not the letter that accompanied this.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1J4NZKU6v1RfgVFQMnx4zlWTyktFTMPMp2gCcZQHXK5s/edit?usp=sharing

-> watch me get shot by the RFU now

Well I know now what to read if I can't get to sleep.

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
both my club and my society now inviting applications.

gosh, these tickets are so expensive. Interesting though that the clubs/society don't allocate specific priced tickets, just games, with the tickets then first come first served on the opening ticket sale day.

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
Just been looking at the RWC 2015 schedule again. It's so difficult trying to estimate which QF/SF game to apply for.....

It's unrealistic for the organisers not to expect a whole host of unwanted QF & SF & Final tickets not to end up needing reselling.

does anyone know what the process is for how these tickets will then get resold on by the organisers, ie....is this the queue you need to be at the front of?

I understand there will be an official resale site you can use.
although first option presumably would be to give them back to your club/society who can then allocate them to a different member. I assume.

- - - Updated - - -

or if you DO fancy spending £300 per head, think of the party you could have with that...

winchesterref

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
I've applied for SA v Samoa. 2 teams I wouldn't normally watch play each other, cheaper and less travel. Just as good. If successful I'm in Samoa's corner!

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
tomorrow's community ticket scramble sale is suspended.

I am guessing this is connected to the Commonwealth games fiasco (both being Ticketmaster)...

Toby Warren

Referees in England
Post Likes
I got that email too. If (when) the cheaper tickets are gone I fear that I will need to decline the chance to go. £600 for 2 tickets in the POOL stages. Ridiculous.

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
Q :

if you had tickets for one game, and swapped them with a) a friend or b) a stranger for tickets to a different game, no money changing hands - would that be strictly forbidden and bring down the wrath of the RFU and sanctions for your club, and much shame,, etc etc ... or would that be OK?

colesy

Referees in Scotland
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
National Panel
Q :

if you had tickets for one game, and swapped them with a) a friend or b) a stranger for tickets to a different game, no money changing hands - would that be strictly forbidden and bring down the wrath of the RFU and sanctions for your club, and much shame,, etc etc ... or would that be OK?

If the friend or the stranger were to sell them on to a tout or a hospitality company and the RFU were to find out, I expect you and the organisation that authorised you to purchase, club or society, would be in serious trouble.

Simon Thomas

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Q :

If they are club/ Society / CB allocated tickets my understanding is that they are for you and your personal guests accompanying you and are non-transferable. I may well be wrong. I intend to use the tickets I am lucky enough to get via Society and CB.

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
If they are club/ Society / CB allocated tickets my understanding is that they are for you and your personal guests accompanying you and are non-transferable. I may well be wrong. I intend to use the tickets I am lucky enough to get via Society and CB.

Hang on. What's this "personal guests" business? My understanding from sources deep within the RFU (ie you) was that if the name 'Dickie E' wasn't printed on the ticket then Dickie E didn't get in.

Toby Warren

Referees in England
Post Likes
Hang on. What's this "personal guests" business? My understanding from sources deep within the RFU (ie you) was that if the name 'Dickie E' wasn't printed on the ticket then Dickie E didn't get in.

There's no ID check on the gate. The rfu buys tickets on websites / touts and the traces the ticket back that way (amongst others)

Dixie

Referees in England
Post Likes
The question is a good one - if I were to buy tickets through my club for my 19 year-old son and his rugby-mad girlfriend as a gift, would anyone be in violation of ticketing policy if they used them even though they were bought at face value and never resold? I suspect this would indeed be a violation of ticketing policy - though only likely to bite me or my club on the bum if my son and his party behave badly.

Toby Warren

Referees in England
Post Likes
The question is a good one - if I were to buy tickets through my club for my 19 year-old son and his rugby-mad girlfriend as a gift, would anyone be in violation of ticketing policy if they used them even though they were bought at face value and never resold? I suspect this would indeed be a violation of ticketing policy - though only likely to bite me or my club on the bum if my son and his party behave badly.

Indeed, technically a breach but the polices are designed to stop touting and re-selling so unlikely to bite you.

I had tickets for a 6 nations game - dislocated my knee playing the day before - gave ticket to a mate who went in my place - the rfu enforcement team haven't called yet...

Simon Thomas

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes

As the ticketing system is broken I have no idea Dickie until I actually get into the ticket system and get some tickets I have bought. In the past I have had tickets with my purchaser name printed on the ticket, but can't remember if it had the other names too.

All we have so far is that we as members of the rugby community had the chance to be registered and we had to choose specific games, as a club and / or Society and / or CB member. This gives us access to the ticketing system and the opportunity to bid first come first served for tickets for those games - I assume it will take my name automatically but whether there is a space to enter name of any others (like an airline ticket) we will have to wait until we can see the system on 29th May.

Based on the last 48 hours with Ticketmaster I suspect anything could happen, or more likely not work.