Coronavirus Impact

Zebra1922

Referees in Scotland
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
and rugby aside, Johnson just threw the entire hospirtality indistry and its infrastructiures (landlords etc) under a bus.

But his city underwriter chums will be safe though.

winner. As in Michael.

didds

how will City underwriters be OK?

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
how will City underwriters be OK?

because business continuity insurance only kicks in IF the closure is a governmental requirement as a primary clause.

So by not closing pubs, restaurants, theatres etc but advsing people that they should not go to these places he is allowing the market to close these places (possibly for good) and not expose city underwriters to insurance claims.

these things do not happen by accident.

didds

thepercy

Referees in America
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 1
because business continuity insurance only kicks in IF the closure is a governmental requirement as a primary clause.

So by not closing pubs, restaurants, theatres etc but advsing people that they should not go to these places he is allowing the market to close these places (possibly for good) and not expose city underwriters to insurance claims.

didds

This is strange. The insurance company I work for, on business interruption, excludes claims from government intervention.

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
all different this side of the pond it seems¬!

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
Also enormous amount misinformation

I believe the situation is that most insurance policies do NOT cover a business being told to close by govt.

Of course it all depends what's in your policy

However if a govt closes down a business (eg in war) compensation is normally paid by govt

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
well who'd a thought it ?

£370,000 for 17.5hrs of public speaking. £20,000 a month for his Telegraph article. How's he managing on his paltry PM's wage?

Real man of the people!

Decorily

Coach/Referee
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
Season over in IRFUland!
No more rugby to be played until next season....whenever that will be!

SimonSmith

Referees in Australia
Staff member
Post Likes
MLR in the US just called the season over.

Marc Wakeham

Referees in Wales
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2

didds

If they have "pandemic" cover. And most do not (I'm told). Then the delclaration of a Pandemic is sufficient to trigger a valid claim.

Sadly most will be like me. I did not have the right insurance in place back in 2012. I spent 5 months unable to work (month in hospital coma and relearning to walk etc) and my business effectivlty closed. I had to restart from scratch. I took out cover afterwards and thankfully when another issues forced my retirement from my business I was covered. Some times lightening strikes twice. Many firms will not survive unless govermnets give the right support.

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Just received my Bill Sweeney e-mail telling me the season is over - except the Premiership.

SimonSmith

Referees in Australia
Staff member
Post Likes
Hants Refs have wiped out their owed fees from clubs from the start of January - returning the best part of GBP10,500.

Blindpugh

Referees in England
Post Likes
We are in totally unchartered waters and thought I would share with my Rugby family my 26 year old rugby playing son's experience of Covid 19 and his recommendation.

Saturday 14th March he played his last rugby match probably until September. Tuesday he finally listened to his sister and went to shops ( SW London) to get some provisions in readiness for lockdown and was shocked by the empty shelves!

Wednesday he WhatsApp’d family and said he’d been up since 1.30am sweating and with a high temperature. Shit, I thought he’s got C19 and asked if he had a cough? No he said :)swet: I thought just Man flu) We agreed to wait until Saturday and I would drive up from the New Forest and pick him up or deliver provisions his mother had put together for 3 month lock down!!

Saturday morning he said been up all night with all the Covid 19 symptoms i.e. high temperature, headache, sore throat, cough, and aching all over etc.. I asked how did it compared with Man Flu and he said 100 times worse! He feels as though he has just crawled out of an old fashioned ruck!

Today (Mothering Sunday), he feels no better and said too many of us are not taking Social Distancing seriously and only way to stop this pandemic is to go into lockdown for 12 weeks or more!

I am sure he is fit enough and will recover from this but it is going to be a long haul unless people start listening to advice on Covid 19 and Social Distancing. If they don’t Government will need to use more Draconian measures.

What do you think?

Last edited:

Marc Wakeham

Referees in Wales
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
I agree with the above. I've been in Self isolation since Friday. That has meant my wife is home too. (She works in a pharmacy that is now three down). My Granddaughter and therfore her mum and dad are also "SI".

I have chest problems ( not my heart) due to an enlarged Xiphoid Process, this causes tightness and breathing issues with pain. The C-19 seems to be aggravating that. The headache is worse than any hangover I can remember, and every bone in my body aches.

At 59 I a fairway off the "at risk" group. From my "mild" (so far) experience a full on dose will be no joke. The Government MUST act if ithe diots will not. The roads into Wales were like bank holiday roads with tourists flocking in. The beaches were packed. Many Caravan parks have sensibly closed. People need to go home.

Please!

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
Get well soon Marc. I echo your sentiments about staying home.

this was Whisttable on saturday afternoon...

wb.jpg

didds

Jarrod Burton

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
We are in totally unchartered waters and thought I would share with my Rugby family my 26 year old rugby playing son's experience of Covid 19 and his recommendation.

What do you think?

My wife and I came back from Hamilton in NZ on Tuesday last week and were met at the gate by two gents in full zombie plague get-up handing out flyers on what we had to do to comply with isolation. They were standing next to the ground handlers who were just in their normal gear and the hosties thought it was a great laugh.

I've picked up a headcold with a cough somewhere (pre-kiwi land) and even though I don't have the fever, sore throat or headaches I got sent into the COVID clinic for swab testing this evening. The swab is not much fun, tickle the tonsils, then up each nostril and I'm pretty sure I felt them scratch my brain for good measure. Blindpugh - sounds like your son needs to get tested asap.

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
business as usual last week at Bondi Beach. :holysheep: These beaches have now been closed

australien-bondi-beach-coronavirus-menschenmenge.jpg