Coronavirus Impact

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
As I understand you can go to work, but only if your work is absolutely necessary and you cannot do it from home.

Indeed.

but what does "absoluteluy necessary" mean?

for the nation?

for the business?

for your wage packet, mortgage, HP payments etc etc?

That's the issue here. I'm told Sadiq Khan has said that for the self-employed, working is "absolutely necessary" - but I cant find an online link (to that to be fair)

didds

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
The chancellor this morning said .. you can do any work if
.. you can observe social diatancing
. .it cannot be done at home

Absolutely necessary work can be done without social distancing

Not that I disbelieve you CR but do you have a link to that? So _I_ can reference it if needed elsewhere

cheers

didds

Last edited:

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
Not that I disbeleive you CR bu8t do you have a link to that?So _I_ can reference it of needed

cheers

didds

https://assets.publishing.service.g..._staying_at_home_and_away_from_others__1_.pdf

1. STAYING AT HOME
You should only leave the house for one of four reasons.
● Shopping for basic necessities, for example food and medicine, which must be as infrequent as
possible.
● One form of exercise a day, for example a run, walk, or cycle - alone or with members of your
household.
● Any medical need, or to provide care or to help a vulnerable person.
● Travelling to and from work, but only where this absolutely cannot be done from home.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/full-guidance-on-staying-at-home-and-away-from-others

Marc Wakeham

Referees in Wales
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
i dont disagree. But is brewing beer necessary? are brewers going to breweries? Cake makers ie tertiary food?

I know they are. I know brewers and caterers still working and travelling. Those tubesin Londonthat are crammed - they cannot all be "key workers",

and what does "absolutely neccesary" really mean - for society? or for a busniess ?

and we can get by without the van :) it was merely an example of differing interpretations...

didds

The Beer? We certainly can survive without it. Cake? Well that is more open to debate.

All (and I'm watching the health sec's brodcast now) this shows is the governments of both UK and Wales are not senting the right message out to the public. To many companies will flaunt the guidlines workers will be pressurised. The Governments needs to provide a clear list of industries that need to be open, ALL the rest should be closed.

Marc Wakeham

Referees in Wales
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
The trouble with "Well I can maintain 2 mtrs" when you are driving round in a van etc What if you have an accident? What if someone driving down a road breaks down. Someone has to come out to assist them.

Why not say NO TRAVEL / WORK unless VITAL ( and the government makes that call).

Last edited:

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
Lots of people are vital. If you have ordered food and medicine a delivery driver is vital. If the van breaks down the mechanics are vital. If your tap is spouting floods of water a plumber is vital .

But of I want prettier taps in my bathroom, the plumber is not vital.
If a hospital needs a new tap, the plumber is vital again

At some point we have to allow discretion, rules can't all be top down

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
got my text
Screenshot_20200324-182320.jpg

if people can work safely they really should. The economy is also important

Blindpugh

Referees in England
Post Likes
but is there any benefit for him of getting tested? other than curiosity?

CR, do you have any kids you love and are concerned about?

WHO recommendation is to Test, Test and Test to try and find out more about this unknown virus, who has it, passed on and hopefully come through it and therefore may have developed antibodies which could help develop a "jab".

As an update his cousin (consultant in Neville Hall Hospital Abergavenny) has been treating people who are worse than my son i.e. requiring oxygen for past month in a special suit. She is now being tested for Covid-19 so as you will appreciate my family are a little concerned!

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
We all have family BP and are all worried. I also have family members who we think have had it

Mass testing would really help the govt with information.

If he is I'll enough to need assistance, of course ask for help
But if he hasn't mildly he shouldn't , and in that scenario i don't think it makes much difference right now know if he has had it or not.

People who don't need medical help should follow the guidance and not phone 111, repy on online information
The NHS have other things to focus on right now

People who are worried they might have coronavirus symptoms but don’t require medical help or hospitalisation are being told not to call the NHS 111 helpline.

That was the advice offered to the public by prime minister Boris Johnson and a team of medical experts following an emergency Cobra meeting on Thursday 13 March.

“I urge people who think in view of what we’re saying about their potential symptoms that they should stay at home, not to call 111, but to use the internet for information if they can,” Johnson said

Last edited:

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
got my text
View attachment 4021

if people can work safely they really should. The economy is also important

you'll see excercise has been removed form the summarised list.

Follow the links in that text etc and you'll then find its still included.

There seems to be no easy way to confirm scenarios... again the van as an example because clarified advice is if you cannot WFH you can go to work van man is now back working on the van -and he will have finished by Sunday when he neds it off his premises and he isnt insured to drive it of course. But we cant travel to collect it as it that doesnt fall under the remit for travel of course. Except his business reason is that it isnt on his property. (For the avoidance of doubt my take is we cannot go and get it. He disagrees. Wife disagrees.)

didds

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
Ring your insurance, they might agree a reasonable cost to make the insurance comprehensive for a day, so that he can drive it and deliver the van back to you

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
Also as a mechanic, does he not have some insurance that allows him to drive a customer car in the course of the repair job?

Not Kurt Weaver

Referees in America
Post Likes
Also as a mechanic, does he not have some insurance that allows him to drive a customer car in the course of the repair job?

in usa, the car is insured not the driver.

I found this out when I wrecked a car on a test drive.

Last edited:

Not Kurt Weaver

Referees in America
Post Likes
you'll see excercise has been removed form the summarised list.

Follow the links in that text etc and you'll then find its still included.

There seems to be no easy way to confirm scenarios... again the van as an example because clarified advice is if you cannot WFH you can go to work van man is now back working on the van -and he will have finished by Sunday when he neds it off his premises and he isnt insured to drive it of course. But we cant travel to collect it as it that doesnt fall under the remit for travel of course. Except his business reason is that it isnt on his property. (For the avoidance of doubt my take is we cannot go and get it. He disagrees. Wife disagrees.)

didds

Most surprising is that in ENG, there are mechanics that can get automotive work done and actually tell when it will be done. In Ohio, I'm usually given a window in # of days, and the # is usually exceeded.

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes

I found this out when I wrecked a car on a test drive.

Test drives are a special case. At a car dealer in the UK the car dealer insures cars for test driving

If you are buying a car from an individual , you may well have a problem .. oray not

The seller may have an any driver policy on the car , which may or may not include test drives
The buyer may have an any car policy.. bit this wil lnormally only be enough to make him legal (ie 3rd party) and wouldn't include simply crashing the car into a wall

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes

he isnt a mechanic. he fits pop tops/roofs. there would not normally i guess be a reason for him to take a client's van onto the public highway

didds

- - - Updated - - -

#

that what the same in Germany back in the 90s. eminently sensible!

didds