Coronavirus Impact

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
welll... its not really is it? ESSENTIAL movement only. You are allowed to go for a run/cycle ride.

But that doesnt stop people shopping for food and medicine or supporting the vulnerable or goig to work where work cannot be done from hoime. Irt basically "if you are outside your home you need a good excuse"... and to prevent people from doing this as in Whitstable last weekend

wb.jpg

Blindpugh

Referees in England
Post Likes
Thanks everyone for your words of support. Marc keep safe, my son has a mild form of Covid 19 apparently :wow:

His cousin is a Consultant in Neville Hall Hospital Abergavenny and basically living there treating people who are in a worse condition than him. Her advice to him is drink plenty of water.

Update Day 6 - he was up most of last night sweating buckets but feels better today and is self isolating but I couldn't believe driving back from London through the New Forest how full the car parks were and the number of people out on their bikes

My son says too many people are not taking this killer virus seriously in the UK. We need to lock down now and possibly for 12 weeks!

Stay safe all.

SimonSmith

Referees in Australia
Staff member
Post Likes
Anyone who as at the coaching clinic at Cardiff a couple of weeks ago may need to self isolate. One of my fellow coaches, who was there and flew transatlantic, just go his diagnosis confirmed.

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
Factories? I remember them

Many factories have closed already. Others are making vital supplies

Blindpugh

Referees in England
Post Likes
Anyone who as at the coaching clinic at Cardiff a couple of weeks ago may need to self isolate. One of my fellow coaches, who was there and flew transatlantic, just go his diagnosis confirmed.

WHO advice is to Test, Test, Test but the UK is only testing hospitals.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-51943612

My son has contacted NHS 111 3 times to report that he has all the symptoms but can't get through. Any suggestions on how he can get tested in SW London?

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
I think you answer your own question, testing is only done in hospitals

Meanwhile
https://111.nhs.uk/covid-19

LIFE
The NHS 111 Coronavirus Helpline Is Overwhelmed. What You Need To Know About Getting Tested
Public Health England has now recommended an end to routinely testing for coronavirus.
By
Natasha Hinde
13/03/2020 10:15am GMT | Updated March 13, 2020

NATASHA HINDE
Updated: See the latest stories on the coronavirus outbreak.

People who are worried they might have coronavirus symptoms but don’t require medical help or hospitalisation are being told not to call the NHS 111 helpline.

That was the advice offered to the public by prime minister Boris Johnson and a team of medical experts following an emergency Cobra meeting on Thursday 13 March.

“I urge people who think in view of what we’re saying about their potential symptoms that they should stay at home, not to call 111, but to use the internet for information if they can,” Johnson said

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/nhs-111-helpline-coronavirus_uk_5e67694ac5b68d61645a891e

Last edited:

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03...-three-weeks-boris-johnson-announces/12083888

So for the millions who work in factories, on farms, etc ... business as usual?

Our campervan is in for a new roof (pop top) this week.

Guy called this morning as he has to travel to his yard he is now in lockdown as a result of the declarartions.

Of course. thems the rules.

His yard is on a old farm yard. There is nobody else there. He will drive from his house, in his car, alone, to the yard. He will work there alone - or possibly with his wife who he of course lives with - all day. He will not meet anybody else. All day. He will drive home to his home at the end of the day.

But he cannot work from home.

didds

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
Our campervan is in for a new roof (pop top) this week.

Guy called this morning as he has to travel to his yard he is now in lockdown as a result of the declarartions.

Of course. thems the rules.

His yard is on a old farm yard. There is nobody else there. He will drive from his house, in his car, alone, to the yard. He will work there alone - or possibly with his wife who he of course lives with - all day. He will not meet anybody else. All day. He will drive home to his home at the end of the day.

But he cannot work from home.

didds

Boris specific said you can travel to work
He is allowed to go to his yard (and employ social distancing)

Gove just said the same

Last edited:

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
Boris specific said you can travel to work
He is allowed to go to his yard (and employ social distancing)

Gove just said the same

I know that.

You know that.

But the guy phoned us this morning and believes he can't. So he isn't.

So my vehicle is now 40 miles away until this blows over currently without a roof, leaving me with no transport if there is an emergency at home and my wife has our car to get to work (she works in the NHS).

didds

didds

Marc Wakeham

Referees in Wales
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
From the PM "...and to travel to and from work when “absolutely necessary” (something of a tautology).

He only should travel to his workplace when absolutely necessary. Of course, if it is only necessary and not "absolutely" necessary he should not travel.

Is repairing your vehicle really vital?

We were to have had a garage door replaced. He cancelled this morning. We expecte the call followign the government advice / intructions.

An update on me. Thanks for the concern expressed! I am improving well. Still a headache. But the breathing is fine now. I reckon it is either a very mild attack or just sothing similar to Covid-19 but different.

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
From the PM "...and to travel to and from work when “absolutely necessary” (something of a tautology).

He only should travel to his workplace when absolutely necessary. Of course, if it is only necessary and not "absolutely" necessary he should not travel.

Is repairing your vehicle really vital?

i dont disagree. But is brewing beer necessary? are brewers going to breweries? Cake makers ie tertiary food?

I know they are. I know brewers and caterers still working and travelling. Those tubesin Londonthat are crammed - they cannot all be "key workers",

and what does "absolutely neccesary" really mean - for society? or for a busniess ?

and we can get by without the van :) it was merely an example of differing interpretations...

didds

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
AIUI going to work is allowed if
.. you cannot work from home
.. you can work while maintaining social distancing (for staff and customers)

So obviously that rules out a lot of jobs but many are ok .
So you can't open a clothes shop , but you can deliver on line clothes orders.

You can't work on a loft extension (with customer living in the house) but you can replace a garage dooroor

These things will settle down I think

Last edited:

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
AIUI going to work is allowed if
.. you cannot work from home
.. you can work while maintaining social distancing (for staff and customers)

that's my viewpoint too CR - based on a pragmantic appraisal of it all. Whether that is what the PM meant though I have no idea.

Jolly Roger

Referees in Scotland
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
I
i dont disagree. But is brewing beer necessary? are brewers going to breweries? Cake makers ie tertiary food?

I know they are. I know brewers and caterers still working and travelling.

didds

Good God Man!!
Is brewing beer necessary? What sort of question is that?
This is a global emergency. How else are we going to get through it?

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
Our local brewery is still brewing, and offering home delivery. Shop closed .

Obviously not brewing nearly as much, as pubs close

Pinky

Referees in Scotland
Post Likes
As I understand you can go to work, but only if your work is absolutely necessary and you cannot do it from home.

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
As I understand you can go to work, but only if your work is absolutely necessary and you cannot do it from home.

The chancellor this morning said .. you can do any work if
.. you can observe social diatancing
. .it cannot be done at home

Absolutely necessary work can be done without social distancing