Covid-19 Returning to play in Sept?

Jarrod Burton

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
realistically our infection rate in Oz is next to zero. I've got more chance of catching syphillis

Why does that not surprise me....

Re the infection rate - I know that the risk is extremely low but the hospital is already stopping partners from attending obstetrician/mid-wife appointments due to "the risk" and at one stage was saying that no support people would be allowed in the birthing room - stupid given that if my wife is sleeping in the same bed as me and I happened to be infected, she would have to be treated as such anyway.

Jarrod Burton

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Netball Tasmania have announced a State League return to season of 24 July with a maximum of 100 people at an event and no spectators. Still waiting to hear a confirmed date for rugby

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
Why does that not surprise me....

Re the infection rate - I know that the risk is extremely low but the hospital is already stopping partners from attending obstetrician/mid-wife appointments due to "the risk" and at one stage was saying that no support people would be allowed in the birthing room - stupid given that if my wife is sleeping in the same bed as me and I happened to be infected, she would have to be treated as such anyway.

but you are not sleeping with the midwife and/or doctor. The wife deosnt have much of a choice over being there or not of course.

didds

Last edited:

Jz558

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
Any reason that the NRL can get underway so quickly but Union still has another month to go? Is it just more effectve administrators?

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Any reason that the NRL can get underway so quickly but Union still has another month to go? Is it just more effectve administrators?

that's probably part of it.

Other considerations:
1. squared away TV deal
2. no other distractions (board issues, exiting CEO, etc)
3. apart from Warriors all other teams confined to east coast of Oz. No kiwis or saffers to deal with

Jarrod Burton

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Queensland RU still have no firm date for return to training - but they want to open their borders for tourism.

L'irlandais

, Promises to Referee in France
Post Likes
but you are not sleeping with the midwife and/or doctor. The wife deosnt have much of a choice over being there or not of course.

didds
As the actress said to the bishop, «*You never know your luck.*» Particularly since her in doors is most likely to be indisposed for a couple of days, and one or other of those two will have given you their mobile number, just in case.

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
As the actress said to the bishop, «*You never know your luck.*» Particularly since her in doors is most likely to be indisposed for a couple of days, and one or other of those two will have given you their mobile number, just in case.

We're talking Tasmania. They'll all know each other from weekly banjo practice. :)

Jarrod Burton

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
We're talking Tasmania. They'll all know each other from weekly banjo practice. :)

Banjo practice? Known most of them since birth mate!

Actually, I've moved to a part of Tasmania where my family originally settled during the early colonisation of the state and the number of times someone asks me if I'm any relation to ... and it turns out that I am is a bit scary.

Jarrod Burton

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Who ever said that Rugby Administrators are a waste of time, I mean, how long did it take the QRU to prepare a notice for this week telling people that the current location on the road map is (drum roll please) "nothing is happening...."
Capture1.JPG

L'irlandais

Post Likes
The Irish Union have published their roadmap.
IRFU Return To Rugby Guidelines For Clubs: Summary Roadmap
Clubs are urged to promote all activities undertaken in planning and preparing for a safe return to rugby.

This promotion will play an important role for clubs in reaching out to their community at this time. #ReturnToRugby is the official Irish Rugby hashtag of all activities associated a return to rugby in clubs.

Obviously it relates to Government guidelines, which may differ in your country.

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
we are now up to 20 trainers in a group

rugby II.jpg

L'irlandais

Post Likes
looks like some announcement coming on 5th June:
All this was emailed to club secretaries last Friday, presumably they are been given a week to prepare their responses, to members questions once the thing goes public.

? 20 trainees...

L'irlandais

Post Likes
I have been teaching English to adults for the past 4 years, so that’s an easy one. English is quirky. Simple as that.
Trainer= the teacher, the instructor

Trainee= the one learning, the student

Some folks turn up at rugby training to learn, you might well call them learners.
Some participate, so they can be called participants.
Those that contribute, they can be called contributors.
Some turn up because they are obliged to, those are just attendees.

I think you will find they mean 20 individuals, including the instructors.

Last edited:

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2