Dear America....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not Kurt Weaver

Referees in America
Post Likes
The problem with this is that there is a megalomaniac fat buffoon with a bad haircut who has his finger on the nuclear button.

Meanwhile, in North Korea, they've got Kim Jong Un..

And I thought you were gonna say he was a paranoid.

Rest assured Ian, it isn't a button. To activate the nuclear sequence there are several check and balances. This sequence actually requires sinking a six foot putt from within the oval office.

You are safe. LBH, New Zealand isn't exactly target rich.

Last edited:

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
The problem with this is that there is a megalomaniac fat buffoon with a bad haircut who has his finger on the nuclear button.

Meanwhile, in North Korea, they've got Kim Jong Un..

As Charlton might have said "Nukes don’t kill people; people kill people"

MaryAnn

Post Likes
The only country which might nuke is Korea, because their are unpredictable. The rest of world is using this technology for good reasons and they are too reasonable to use it like a weapon.

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
re. North Korea.

I read this article in one of our more reputable weekend newspapers. Now, I'm by no means an expert (casual observer is the best description) but the "dual freeze" proposed by NK in 2015 sounds like an eminently sensible idea and the only downside to the free world is a limit on joint military exercises between US & SK. Am I missing something or has the US been unreasonable?

USA.jpg

and:

https://thediplomat.com/2017/07/what-does-north-korea-think-of-chinas-dual-freeze-proposal/

Even SK thinks it's a good idea:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/21/world/asia/north-korea-missle-tests.html

Last edited:

Not Kurt Weaver

Referees in America
Post Likes
Am I missing something or has the US been unreasonable?

From article,

But to American officials, a freeze is a trap that previous administrations have stepped into. The Clinton administration tried a freeze in 1994 that the North Koreans first cheated on and then openly discarded early in the administration of President George W. Bush. At the end of Mr. Bush’s term, a second such freeze and partial dismantlement of a nuclear reactor was negotiated, only to be abandoned by the North Koreans as soon as President Barack Obama entered office.

from NKW

Fool me once, fool me twice, but fool me thrice?

Ian_Cook

Referees in New Zealand
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
From article,

But to American officials, a freeze is a trap that previous administrations have stepped into. The Clinton administration tried a freeze in 1994 that the North Koreans first cheated on and then openly discarded early in the administration of President George W. Bush. At the end of Mr. Bush’s term, a second such freeze and partial dismantlement of a nuclear reactor was negotiated, only to be abandoned by the North Koreans as soon as President Barack Obama entered office.

from NKW

“There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.”
-Dubya

Last edited:

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2

there is that but if NK offered the olive branch in 2015 and PRC has been trying to broker a deal, history may not remember you guys kindly if it all goes pear-shaped.

ChrisR

Player or Coach
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
“There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.”
-Dubya

Never thought I'd be missing Dubya. There is nothing amusing about Trump.

Not Kurt Weaver

Referees in America
Post Likes
there is that but if NK offered the olive branch in 2015 and PRC has been trying to broker a deal, history may not remember you guys kindly if it all goes pear-shaped.

History doesn't matter when one is dead.

dave_clark

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 15 - 11
with questions such as "what time is showing on the clock"? my 2 year old niece could probably score full marks on that test.

Chris_j

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
The MOCA is a diagnostic test for Alzheimer's and Dementia. A pass is evidence that he hasn't got age related mental impairment yet. It says nothing about being a stable genius, nor does it prove he is a misogynistic, racist sexual predator. A very strange test to offer up as credible evidence of competence. Then again, Dr Ronny Jackson said with a better diet he would live to 200. Some clued up doctor.

L'irlandais

, Promises to Referee in France
Post Likes
That’ or of course you could simply see the evidence for yourself :
Given how unfit he is, I do wonder if he has ever seen the inside of a locker room in his entire life.
The sad thing, is this aging clown still thinks he is God’s gift to women.

Last edited:

Not Kurt Weaver

Referees in America
Post Likes
That’ or of course you could simply see the evidence for yourself :
Given how unfit he is, I do wonder if he has ever seen the inside of a locker room in his entire life.
The sad thing, is this aging clown still thinks he is God’s gift to women.

Could you have imagined what would've happened if that video was public before the election?

The real SAD thing is his attraction to women that are younger than him. Everyone knows men should concentrate on older women closer to his age, a good rule is your age +20.

Taff

Referees in Wales
Post Likes
Bearing in mind that Mr Trump has his finger on the button, please tell me there was more to the test than that.

Could you have imagined what would've happened if that video was public before the election?
I thought it was.

... The real SAD thing is his attraction to women that are younger than him. Everyone knows men should concentrate on older women closer to his age, a good rule is your age +20.
Errr ... He's 71. There are not many stunning 91 year old women around.

Status
Not open for further replies.