Henson Sacked!!

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
No real surprise. He gave Cardiff a "get out of jail free card".

The last chance saloon is now closed.
Can't believe anyone else would want to give him an opportunity?

Robert Burns

, Referees in Canada, RugbyRefs.com Webmaster
Staff member
Post Likes
Welcome to Wales Premier rugby or the Championship.

Simon Thomas

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Far too disruptive for any professional outfit imho.

Recurring history of unacceptable behaviours, mental weakness, poor judgement and under-delivery on the pitch.

beckett50

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
He's finished. Nobody will touch him now.

Ian_Cook

Referees in New Zealand
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
OMG, some here have been saying he could come to the Highlanders (through injuries, they are currently running with their 4th choice in that position)

Please, somebody, say it ain't so!!!

Account Deleted

Facebook Member
Post Likes
You have to ask: What the "manager" was doing whilst Henson played up on the plane? Cardiff RFC Ltd are a joke.

Davet

Referee Advisor / Assessor
Post Likes
so - what is he actually accused of doing?

irishref

Referees in Holland
Post Likes

now that is the $64.000 question. It does seem that the airline staff have made a complaint, so I guess a bit lippy towards the stewardesses?

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
Was he on the same flight as the other players/management ?

depending on where people live and seat availability etc etc he may have been on a flight alone ?

And was this Cardiff RFC or the Blues? I was (in my sais ignorance) under the impression the two were separate teams/clubs/bodies?

didds

Simon Thomas

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
You have to ask: What the "manager" was doing whilst Henson played up on the plane? Cardiff RFC Ltd are a joke.

He is a 30 year old professional rugby international and "showbiz" celebrity - why on earth does he need a Manager to control his personal behaviour ?

Simon Thomas

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes

I am told that he had been up drinking for most of the night, continued to drink on the FlyBe plane, was abusive to their cabin crew when asked to behave and started to throw ice cubes from his drink around the cabin.

Basically being an ignorant lout and potentially compromising the safety of the plane.

Toby Warren

Referees in England
Post Likes
Apparently drunk and throwing ice cubes at other people. Hardly crime of the year but really the definition of 'straw that broke'

The Fat

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Apparently drunk and throwing ice cubes at other people. Hardly crime of the year but really the definition of 'straw that broke'

Off topic:
TW check your messages and let me know when item arrives please. Should have been there by now.
Cheers

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
I am told that he had been up drinking for most of the night, continued to drink on the FlyBe plane, was abusive to their cabin crew when asked to behave and started to throw ice cubes from his drink around the cabin.

Basically being an ignorant lout and potentially compromising the safety of the plane.

If you ask me FlyBe shouldn't be serving alcoholic drinks on a 7am plane, to drunk people.
That's a policy decision that endangers the safety of the plane for a few quid.

(which is not to excuse Henson)

Simon Thomas

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
If you ask me FlyBe shouldn't be serving alcoholic drinks on a 7am plane, to drunk people.
That's a policy decision that endangers the safety of the plane for a few quid.

(which is not to excuse Henson)

CrossRef - fully agree with you.

Airlines should enforce the rules and refuse to carry any drunk passengers - now I have changed from BA to the delights of EasyJet, RyanAir, FlyBe etc more than a few times I have got on flights at Gatwick and Southampton with drunk groups of guys in the morning heading for Paris, Amsterdam, Prague, etc.

I was told he was drunk and continued drinking - maybe not alcohol, and perhaps water with ice as he was getting de-hydrated ?