KO delay..what is acceptable?

Decorily

Coach/Referee
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
didds;259203 I am reminded of a III XV game I played.............. The ref pointed out that the guy that had started the game as hooker was currently playing on the wing - he said his neck hurt and couldn't play FR any more today. The ref when he asked.............. apologised to us because there was nothing he could do. He (the ref) was right of course. Sometimes refs don't have anything they can do. They and the opposition sometimes just have to accept the status quo however shitty it is. didds[/QUOTE said:
Hell yes there was something he could do. Player complains of a sore neck, not alone could you put an end to his game but you SHOULD!!

Browner

Banned
Post Likes
Didds,
you're sounding like a wife ......... devoid of solutions herself, but a damn genius at declaring what shouldn't be done :biggrin:

One thing is for certain, you can't stand there for 15+ mins & do nothing, it's abdicating responsibility & building up a greater problem for the referee that follows you when they increase their piss taking 'period' next week.

Discourage it, & discourage it strongly..... gets my vote.

Womble

Facebook Member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
National Panel
didds, I am sat here praying that you do not come from the southwest! I know what I do, but that is not for this forum!

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
Hell yes there was something he could do. Player complains of a sore neck, not alone could you put an end to his game but you SHOULD!!

well... i'd like to think so today... this was probably 13 years ago or so and maybe Berkshire refs weren't that advanced back then ;-)

didds

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
Didds,
you're sounding like a wife ......... devoid of solutions herself, but a damn genius at declaring what shouldn't be done :biggrin:

One thing is for certain, you can't stand there for 15+ mins & do nothing, it's abdicating responsibility & building up a greater problem for the referee that follows you when they increase their piss taking 'period' next week.

Discourage it, & discourage it strongly..... gets my vote.

I'm not happy with my lack of a definitive answer - but the law book doesn't provide one and i don't agree with just making stuff up.

So - once you have [sic] Discouraged it, & discouraged it strongly... and nothing has changed - what do YOU do then... keeping within what the laws allow you to do?

Incidentally, where in the laws does is indicate that it is the referee's responsibility to get teams out in time for KO? All we've seen (if you can open the link) is one set of refs' protocols that is obvious is not universal given others here that ARE referees hadn't ever seen it.

didds

Last edited:

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
didds, I am sat here praying that you do not come from the southwest! I know what I do, but that is not for this forum!

Depends on whether you consider Devizes, Wiltshire as being "South" or "South-West" really!

Tho me personally is a Man of Kent, via West Wales, South London, Sydney & Bay of Islands/Taranaki

didds

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
I'm sure league rules say games must start at a certain time.

So you write on the card that team A failed to turn up and caused the game to start x minutes late.

Stuartg

Referees in England
Post Likes
Get the team tat is ready to go back in, you go back in too. When the awkward team are ready let them go out and wait in their turn.

OB..

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
I presume a report to the Society would not go amiss.

It would not solve the immediate problem but could prevent recurrence, and unless the game is a friendly(?!), the organisers of the competition might have some powers. In our Reserve Leagues we have voided one or two results for malfeasance of various kinds.