Leggings

Simon Thomas

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Huuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmpppppppppppphhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !

Please, please, please tell me he is a Club Referee only !

stuart3826

Referees in England
Post Likes
Huuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmpppppppppppphhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !

Please, please, please tell me he is a Club Referee only !
I doubt it - that was Camp Hill v Carlisle Ladies - only 1 league down from Women's Premiership

Taff

Referees in Wales
Post Likes
A parent asked the GRFU who asked the RFU who asked the IRB and the IRB told the RFU who told the GRFU who told the parent
Is the person who wrote that taking the mick, or was he being serious?

If I had an employee who wrote that, I'd be fuming. What's the point of a clarification .... if it doesn't clarify?

Has that man got any pride in himself? :sad:

Last edited:

Simon Thomas

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
I doubt it - that was Camp Hill v Carlisle Ladies - only 1 league down from Women's Premiership

OMG - that is a L7/8 appointment for us at Trojans Ladies (in RFUW Championship South 1) the same level, so he should have been a similar level.

Come on someone set this up especially - it cannot be for real - leggings & gloves, plus someone I can give a few years to reffing RFUW level 2

I will get my coat, and look forward to a pre-lunch G&T in a few hours time.

Simon Thomas

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
To be fair, he wore one glove throughout the game, so there may be a medical reason for that!

In which case you wear proper protective latex gloves in a flesh or transparent colour surely ?

Taff

Referees in Wales
Post Likes
Or he could have felt that holding a metal whistle on a cold day was too much.

My assessor told me I should have a plastic whistle for cold days.

Last edited:

Ciaran Trainor

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
Personal friend of mine and a good level 8 (I think) ref.
It does get cold here in Cumbria you know.
Can't wait for the next society meeting where I will bollock him for not wearing his society shorts

tim White

Referees in England
Post Likes
If he turns up I'll let you know. :biggrin:

Can I also say I voted against this particular shirt/sock colour -but thats democracy for you.

Simon Thomas

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
I will show Peter Westley (a Cumbrian now well and truly southernised after all these years in Hampshire) for his reaction to the leggings, gloves and pastel shades worn by you lot up there. :biggrin:

Dixie

Referees in England
Post Likes
While no particularly enamoured of the Rhubarb & Custard colour scheme, may I congratulate the Society haberdasher for sourcing long sleeved shirts? Where on Earth did you find them? I take the point that it does get cold up there - perhaps Stanley Matthews shorts, with an integral pair of tight knee-length lycra wallnut-holders, might prevent hamstring injuries caused by the icy blasts. The socks look good and warm - who cares if your knees get cold?

Ciaran Trainor

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
Dixie, it's a Prunes and Custard Combo, Ive also been told I look l;ike a bruised banana wearing it!!
On the up side it only clahes with one club up here who wear all gold shirts.
Don't really care what colour I'm in but short sleeve shirts are a nightmare I agree.

Ciaran Trainor

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
ok not quite leggings I know but I ran the line on saturday at my club and one of the opposition played the whole game in a wooly hat.
Somebody had asked the ref about leggings before the game more in hope than expectation.hatboy2.jpg
Had to admire his skill and nerve, played at standoff and nobody got a hand on him the whole game despite me Encouraging them from the touchline.
Don't think there was any law/rule broken

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
So while you were runnning the line you had your phone in your pocket and stopped to take holiday snaps?

Don't think there was any law/rule broken

Think again :wink:

[LAWS]4.1 ADDITIONAL ITEMS OF CLOTHING
(g) A player may wear headgear which must bear the IRB Approval Mark (Regulation 12).[/LAWS]

I would be willing to bet his wooly hat didn't have an IRB logo on it?

Anyway it's a crime against fashion!!

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
It's probably his hair - don't forget mullets are still de rigueur in Cumbria.