chopper15

Learned Terrace Ref
Post Likes
Who are the most prolific posters to date ie., weekly average?:hap:

Simon Thomas

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Robbie - perhaps give Chopper a download of the site logs and he can do a comprehensive report for us all -

who are the Thread initiators (absolute #), who are the Thread initiators (weighted by # replies in Thread), who are the first repliers, etc.

All broken down by year, month, day of week, country of registration etc.

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
I see what you did there :chin:

Simon Thomas

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Richard's idea is excellent Robbie, as well as basic log stats, perhaps you could also provide Chopper with the number of characters & words per post and he can allocate a quality score to each post as well thus giving a quality/quantity ratio for both # of posts and # of characters / words per post !

as he has got an i-Pad we might get some results by the end of 2012

Bryan

Referees in Canada
Post Likes
I would have thought a "most number of likes for all posts combined", a "average posts to get 1 'Like'", and a "most liked post of the year" would be worth seeing.

Same goes for "unliked" posts, but I think Chopper would win on that front, or if not, have a look to see who is the most "popular" ignored member.

Davet

Referee Advisor / Assessor
Post Likes
You have the date the poster started, the number of posts - both shown on the left of the message
use Excel - subtract start date from today to get number of days, divide in to total posts = average

27/12/2011
PosterStart DateDaysPostsAverage
Chopper26/08/2007158456043.537879
Simon T03/12/2003294692063.124915
OB07/10/2004263713,7915.229807
Davet27/01/2004289180172.773089

chopper15

Learned Terrace Ref
Post Likes
:clap::clap::clap:

Thanks, Davet, for the info . . . and would you b'lieve, it was little old' me being the most prolific?:horse:

What surprised me most, however, was the unashamed meanness of spirit my post provoked. A reflection on a person's character perhaps?

Never-the-less OB certainly didn't portray such sourness - and he came third- he generously gave me no less than three claps. Much appreciated Ol' Timer.:hap:

Blackberry

Referees in England
Post Likes
I reckon I am a thread killer. So often I add my bit and "Blam!" the thread falls instantly to its death with barely time for the briefest of death throes.

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
You have the date the poster started, the number of posts - both shown on the left of the message
use Excel - subtract start date from today to get number of days, divide in to total posts = average

well, that would be the MEAN average of course.

You could otherwise do some very tedious work finding out for each poster how many posts they made per day for every day of their RRF existence and take the middle number to garner their MEDIAN average number of posts. Or indeed create a tally chart of posts per day (see median working) and take the highest tally of those PPD to work out the MODE average.

didds

chopper15

Learned Terrace Ref
Post Likes
well, that would be the MEAN average of course.

You could otherwise do some very tedious work finding out for each poster how many posts they made per day for every day of their RRF existence and take the middle number to garner their MEDIAN average number of posts. Or indeed create a tally chart of posts per day (see median working) and take the highest tally of those PPD to work out the MODE average.didds

Does that mean I wouldn't be first, didds? :sad:

PS. Suffice to say, I didn't miss the pun.

Taff

Referees in Wales
Post Likes
On the motorbike forum I subscribe to, there was serious talk at one time of doing away with Post counts altogether.

They didn't, but I think the consensus was that very few members paid any attention to them.

Quality beats quantity every time.

Bryan

Referees in Canada
Post Likes
Thanks, Davet, for the info . . . and would you b'lieve, it was little old' me being the most prolific?
Dude come on, read a book. Make an effort. You're listed first on the list. Clearly, if you look over at the "AVERAGE" column, you can see you're not the one with the highest average-posts per day. This isnt a pissing contest here; I'm just totally surprised that, based on being able to read actual data, you cant figure this out. Is this an iPad issue? I'm not taking the piss here, I just dont see how you miss it when the data is well organized (on my PC) and is pretty clear. Or did you just blow your load early without looking at the data b/c you saw you were the first name listed?

What surprised me most, however, was the unashamed meanness of spirit my post provoked. A reflection on a person's character perhaps?
Where, in the above posts, is there anyone being "mean"?
Never-the-less OB certainly didn't portray such sourness - and he came third- he generously gave me no less than three claps. Much appreciated Ol' Timer.:hap:
I'm clearly missing what you think the 3 claps were for, and I what I think they were for. I guess the only one that really knows is OB. :shrug: