So, who thinks they a reffing this weekend?

Greg Collins

Referees in England
Post Likes
I don't for one.

Can't see either of my games going ahead, drove past the Saturday ground this morning twice (road closed due to an RTA) and it was all deep and crisp and even stylee out there.

Have told appt sec if they are canned I'm unlikely to be available for re-appointment, unless very local, as the only grounds playable are going to be several hours away by car down on the coast. I can see me riding the MTB on Saturday all afternoon (PhilE I'll keep off the road ;)) ....

What do you think of your chances for a run out?

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
What do you think of your chances for a run out?

Two chances slim and fat!

I haven't reffed since 28th November - unavailable 5th and 12th Dec - and snow since!!

I have a fed exchange on 16th Jan - not hopeful.

Jacko

Argentina Referees in Argentina
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
National Panel
I was supposed to be doing Westoe v Loughborough Students but have just been told it's off. Gutted - was going to be good.

Toby Warren

Referees in England
Post Likes
no chance - we are trying to clear the 'all weather pitch' don't think it will happen

TheBFG

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
No chance around here, even the costal guys will be lucky this weekend.

looking at long range forecast, the exchange to Oxford on 16th is not looking good either!

Ah well, sledging with the kids it is, at least the legs get a work out:biggrin:

Simon Thomas

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
All South West Group L5s are off and at least 80% of all matches in Hampshire are already cancelled due to frozen pitches, including Guernsey !

I suspect everything else will get called off this afternoon either for frozen grounds or travel issues.

Re-appts Secretary due to call me at 5 pm to give me an update, but he has been gradually changing them online to "frozen pitch" today as they get called in.

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Two hopes

Bob Hope and No Hope !

Edit: Working tonight. West Brom v Nottingham Forest is still on! Have to go to the stadium now to help shovel snow!!

TheBFG

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
better that the 5h1t you usually have to shovel:wink:

DrSTU

Referees in England
Post Likes
I'm off to run touch up t'coast.

Will be bloody amazed if the game can canceled due to snow:eek:

FlipFlop

Referees in Switzerland
Post Likes
No game for me - but then - we have a break for winter.

Skiing on Saturday (La Clusaz I think, but Megeve is still a possibility), followed by snowshoeing around the Jura on sunday. Might throw in the odd Fondue, some dried meats, wine and cheese as well. Mmmmmm.

Then watch the rugby in the evenings and the NFL wild card games, and I'll be ready for work on Monday. Joy.

Jenko

Referees in England
Post Likes
All South West Group L5s are off and at least 80% of all matches in Hampshire are already cancelled due to frozen pitches, including Guernsey !

I suspect everything else will get called off this afternoon either for frozen grounds or travel issues.

Re-appts Secretary due to call me at 5 pm to give me an update, but he has been gradually changing them online to "frozen pitch" today as they get called in.

I'm still showing as on! But as it is at Overton I really don't think it will be a goer (it is five fields away from the main road!!) Probably got carrier pigeon problems!

Dixie

Referees in England
Post Likes
My game is off, and I suspect all others in the locality will be too. About time the local clubs invested in under-soil heating. Then we just need to keep the stands and the concourse clear - assuming the police are happy to cope with the crowds!

upnunder

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Not been notified yet, but will be amazed if it is still on, we have quite a lot of snow still on the ground up here.

Deeps

Referees in England
Post Likes
I am declared available for both midweek and weekend games throughout the season but, apart from running touch for a charity game on 27 December, I have not refereed per se since the 13th and the current prospects do not look at all good.

Not that I am suffering with any ailments (apart from indoor earache) myself but this enforced lay off will at least allow a break for those with niggling injuries.

There is the prospect of the National School Sevens to look forward to in March, if this weather has gone by then, and if any would like to get their names into the published brochure then you need your applications into Eric pdq! I have his pocs if you would like to pm me. :wow:

Davet

Referee Advisor / Assessor
Post Likes
I understand Tigers v Wasps is supposed to OK tomorrow at Welford Road.

Sdaly I can't get there, but then again its on Sky, so TV sofa here I come, should be a cracker.

stuart3826

Referees in England
Post Likes
I was due to do the usual as 4th at Warriors V London Irish until just after 3 today - had a call from Mr White to tell me he'd inspected the pitch and found that there was insufficient pitch left for a game. The blower's been on all week, but it isn't quite big enough for a rugby pitch, and there's no in goal left!

Shame!!!!

Simon Thomas

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
I'm still showing as on! But as it is at Overton I really don't think it will be a goer (it is five fields away from the main road!!) Probably got carrier pigeon problems!

there are only five matches still 'on' but no one at those clubs has returned re0-appts or refs calls to check as yet.

Suggest you call the confirmation contact at Overton and / or clubhouse before travelling

ballsie

ballsie
Post Likes
Got more chance of finding OSAMA BIN LADEN in my Garden shed than running out on a rugby pitch this weekend