the Chiefs

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
Put like that why would anyone not be in the second corner ?

indeed.

Other than to say that in some circumsrtances it would mean that the fighting etc is redundfant because potentially the perps dont care themselves, and the abused don't care either.

But I guess that is up to the fighters to reconcile 9it doesnt of course make it wrong. just merely potentially pointless)

L'irlandais

, Promises to Referee in France
Post Likes
The opposition were called Loyalists. (Much like their counterparts in NI today, loyal to the crown.)
Patriots were those colonists of the Thirteen Colonies who rejected British rule during the American Revolution and declared the United States of America as an independent nation in July 1776.
The irony of it is lost on me. Their patriotism is simply for a country other than the Island of Great Britain. Which is understandable when they were born and bred in a country other than ....
I reckon it was the massacre of the civilian population, more than the unfair taxation that they objected to.
Rumour has it The Americans are prone to exaggeration
Well, every new nation needs a creation myth—and the founding fathers were very good at spinning a compelling tale that people could rally around.

Similar reasons for demanding Independence can be seen in India, Malaya and Kenya. In South Africa I reckon it was the British concentration camps, although these entailed the deaths of thousands of civilians too.

Last edited:

L'irlandais

Post Likes
nothing to do with me, mate, the "oppressed and downtrodden" should be able to speak up for themselves?
I particularly like Banksy’s reply: White racism very much IS our problem, not some Black issue.
Banksy recently wrote in response to the global protests in the wake of Floyd’s killing:

#“I thought I should just shut up and listen to black people about this issue. But why would I do that? It’s not their problem, it’s mine.

#“People of colour are being failed by the system. The white system. Like a broken pipe flooding the apartment of the people living downstairs. The faulty system is making their life a misery, but it’s not their job to fix it. They can’t, no one will let them in the apartment upstairs.

#“This is a white problem. And if white people don’t fix it, someone will have to come upstairs and kick the door in.”
Source

That day is coming.

Last edited:

TigerCraig

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
nothing to do with me, mate, the "oppressed and downtrodden" should be able to speak up for themselves?

If someone isnt offended by something , then being offended on their behalf is pretty patronising.

"You are too stupid to realise that this is bad, I'll fix it for you"

Last edited:

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
If someone isnt offended by something , then being offended on their behalf is pretty patronising.

Ah, you are moving the goalposts : Dickie asked whether it is our duty "to fight for the oppressed and downtrodden, even if they don't want us to fight for them".

I think it is. But I wouldn't fight for the merely offended, let alone the unoffended.

L'irlandais

Post Likes
I’m an optimist. I figure Darwin (he of «*survival of the fittest*» fame) has this covered; it ends well.
The Patriot Movement are to dumb to survive. If left to their own devices, it’d probably not end so well. But seeing as they are dumb ‘n all, I think the odds are stacked against them and the armageddon they are looking for. For one thing they fail to see they are the force of evil, not the other side.
Militias, the Patriot Movement, and the Internet: The Ideology of Conspiracism

Last edited:

Not Kurt Weaver

Referees in America
Post Likes
I’m an optimist. I figure Darwin (he of «*survival of the fittest*» fame) has this covered; it ends well.
The Patriot Movement are to dumb to survive. If left to their own devices, it’d probably not end so well. But seeing as they are dumb ‘n all, I think the odds are stacked against them and the armageddon they are looking for. For one thing they fail to see they are the force of evil, not the other side.

oh, I just wanted to know if the leak was fixed

Not Kurt Weaver

Referees in America
Post Likes
I particularly like Banksy’s reply: White racism very much IS our problem, not some Black issue.
Banksy recently wrote in response to the global protests in the wake of Floyd’s killing:

#“I thought I should just shut up and listen to black people about this issue. But why would I do that? It’s not their problem, it’s mine.

#“People of colour are being failed by the system. The white system. Like a broken pipe flooding the apartment of the people living downstairs. The faulty system is making their life a misery, but it’s not their job to fix it. They can’t, no one will let them in the apartment upstairs.

#“This is a white problem. And if white people don’t fix it, someone will have to come upstairs and kick the door in.”

There was a man in that apartment for 8 years not so long ago that could have helped from '09-'17. The next dude that moved in was orange.

Last edited:

Ian_Cook

Referees in New Zealand
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2

Perhaps all the racists and white supremacists of this world need to be granted their wish.... give them a white ethno-state homeland where they can live among their fellow white supremacists and do the white supremacist things that white supremacists do.

On a side note, has anyone here ever read William Golding's "Lord of the Flies"

timmad

Avid Rugby Lover
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 10
The opposition were called Loyalists. (Much like their counterparts in NI today, loyal to the crown.)
Patriots were those colonists of the Thirteen Colonies who rejected British rule during the American Revolution and declared the United States of America as an independent nation in July 1776.
The irony of it is lost on me. Their patriotism is simply for a country other than the Island of Great Britain. Which is understandable when they were born and bred in a country other than ....
I reckon it was the massacre of the civilian population, more than the unfair taxation that they objected to.
Rumour has it The Americans are prone to exaggeration

Similar reasons for demanding Independence can be seen in India, Malaya and Kenya. In South Africa I reckon it was the British concentration camps, although these entailed the deaths of thousands of civilians too.

Sorry if the irony is lost on you. All the parties discussed - Patriots, Loyalists, British - were occupying the land of native Americans. Recent research shows evidence that the first inhabitants (and their 'Chiefs'?) crossed a land bridge from Asia in the 11Century BCE.

Ian_Cook

Referees in New Zealand
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Sorry if the irony is lost on you. All the parties discussed - Patriots, Loyalists, British - were occupying the land of native Americans. Recent research shows evidence that the first inhabitants (and their 'Chiefs'?) crossed a land bridge from Asia in the 11Century BCE.

Earlier that that... The Bering land bridge (known as Beringia) was a likely route of human migration into the Americas from Asia and Siberia about 15-20,000 years ago.

290px-Map_of_gene_flow_in_and_out_of_Beringia.jpg

Gene flow map

Not Kurt Weaver

Referees in America
Post Likes
Perhaps all the racists and white supremacists of this world need to be granted their wish.... give them a white ethnostate homeland where they can live among their fellow white supremacists and do the white supremacist things that white supremacists do.
[/I]

Your suggestion is all racists would be granted a white enthnostate. Are you telling us that only white people can be racist?

BTW. this has been tried before. Now, how will we identify white supremacists, perhaps put a star on their jacket? We could also call this "granted land" a reservation, a camp, internment, or a concentration.

Perhaps all the racist and white supremacists (two different groups) can be identified by algorithms used by apple and goggle. Then we can nab them, you know without force, cause it will be peaceful cause "they" are law abiding.

Last edited:

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2

I think Darwin would suggest it will end well for whoever procreates most successfully

Ian_Cook

Referees in New Zealand
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Your suggestion is all racists would be granted a white enthnostate. Are you telling us that only white people can be racist?

BTW. this has been tried before. Now, how will we identify white supremacists, perhaps put a star on their jacket? We could also call this "granted land" a reservation, a camp, internment, or a concentration.

Perhaps all the racist and white supremacists (two different groups) can be identified by algorithms used by apple and goggle. Then we can nab them, you know without force, cause it will be peaceful cause "they" are law abiding.

You missed the inference (clearly indicated by the fact that you snipped the clue out of my post)

You clearly don't get sarcasm or irony, and I can't be bothered explaining it to you!

Last edited:

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Would you like to write to the US Senate and ask that Senator Chris Coons be asked to change his name!

Sorry, too busy getting the Coonawarra wine region renamed.