the Chiefs

L'irlandais

, Promises to Referee in France
Post Likes
Renaming for political correctness is not the best use of time. It’s the system which is broken, inappropriately named stuff is just a symptom. We need to treat the root cause, not suppress the symptoms. The post-war expression, "Let's run it up the flagpole and see if anyone salutes it" seems like a ploy. Get them on the streets, take note of who shows up, who is running the whole affair. And perhaps who is intelligent enough not to show. Then take things from there. A little like nipping Nazi Germany in the bud in 1933, rather than waiting 12 years to sort out the problem.

NWK, the only thing worth sewing on their person, is a patch on the arse of their breeches saying «*Other end up, if you wish to talk to me.*». The present incumbent of the White House included, as he talks out his ass all of the time.

Last edited:

OB..

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Earlier that that... The Bering land bridge (known as Beringia) was a likely route of human migration into the Americas from Asia and Siberia about 15-20,000 years ago.

290px-Map_of_gene_flow_in_and_out_of_Beringia.jpg

Gene flow map

There has just been a find of worked flint in the USA that dates to 40,000 years ago.

L'irlandais

Post Likes
Yes, there is a growing body of archeological evidence to suggest that. But it’s hardly surprising, since man has been around for 3 million years. It would be far more surprising that he hadn’t set foot on the continent in that time. The hypothesis about a 15,000/25,000 year old trek I have always found hard to believe. Absence of evidence, is not considered evidence of absence In archeology.

OB..

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
On a side note, has anyone here ever read William Golding's "Lord of the Flies"
Of course, but I don't think Washington Flies would be a sensible choice.

L'irlandais

Post Likes
Washington Football team it is.
[LAWS]They were the last team to allow black players onto the team, and only did so after the US government threatened to revoke the lease on their stadium in 1962.[/LAWS]It seems money talks, if the sponsors walk out, the vows of never get forgotten.
Team owner Dan Snyder had been a boyhood fan of the 87-year-old team - which was named the Redskins in 1933 when it was still based in Boston - and had vowed to never change its moniker.

But amid recent protests over police brutality and racism, major sponsors FedEx, Nike, Pepsi and Bank of America all called on Snyder to consider finally changing the name.

On the subject of first footing the American continent, you’d be surprised how few square kilometers of that landmass (42,549,000 km2 in total) have actually had archeological digs. It represents over a quarter of the planet’s land surface.
...re-examining previously discounted archaeological sites and collections for now-recognizable evidence of human behaviour. In the light of these new discoveries, archaeological research into this period should intensify.
The problem has been that anything that didn’t fit the accepted hypothesis was ignored. Partly because Americians Do archeology differently to everyone else.[LAWS]development on private land does not usually involve any sort of archaeological work.[/LAWS]

Last edited:

OB..

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Washington Football team it is.
[LAWS]They were the last team to allow black players onto the team, and only did so after the US government threatened to revoke the lease on their stadium in 1962.[/LAWS]
However they were also the first team to win the Superbowl with a black quarterback.

Not Kurt Weaver

Referees in America
Post Likes
Perhaps all the racists and white supremacists of this world need to be granted their wish.... give them a white ethno-state homeland where they can live among their fellow white supremacists and do the white supremacist things that white supremacists do.
"[/I]

That is pretty clear what you wrote, Maybe racism and white supremacy aren't good topics for sarcasm and irony. Perhaps a Freudian slip will occur. You can cover your slip up, just tell reader he is too dumb to understand. see below

You missed the inference (clearly indicated by the fact that you snipped the clue out of my post)

You clearly don't get sarcasm or irony, and I can't be bothered explaining it to you!

Yep, I'm the dumbass in this scenario. Sarcasm BTW with use of I'm in place of you are.

Not Kurt Weaver

Referees in America
Post Likes
Please note my emphasis in red BOLD

Renaming for political correctness is not the best use of time. It’s the system which is broken, inappropriately named stuff is just a symptom. We need to treat the root cause, not suppress the symptoms. BingFreakinGo, Now, what is the root cause?

The post-war expression, "Let's run it up the flagpole and see if anyone salutes it" seems like a ploy. Get them on the streets, take note of who shows up, who is running the whole affair. And perhaps who is intelligent enough not to show. Then take things from there. A little like nipping Nazi Germany in the bud in 1933, rather than waiting 12 years to sort out the problem.

BingFreakinGo again That is why freedom of speech works, we've had this conversation before. FOS will identify the miscreants. To include IF or his critics.

NWK, the only thing worth sewing on their person, is a patch on the arse of their breeches saying «*Other end up, if you wish to talk to me.*». The present incumbent of the White House included, as he talks out his ass all of the time.

I suppose this was a response to my statement below. I suspect you missed my point. I was questioning the validity of your post of a plumbing analogy.

There was a man in that apartment for 8 years not so long ago that could have helped from '09-'17. The next dude that moved in was orange.

There was a man in that apartment above and it appears as if he was unable to help gat leak fixed. Interesting a man of color replaced the man who was there 8 years. He is orange. He too was unable to get leak fixed.

FYI "man of color" is identifying by color of skin and suggesting only a man of color can fix the leak is simply judging inferiority by color of one's skin.

Now, what is the root cause? You know what it is, but should you type it ?

Last edited:

Ian_Cook

Referees in New Zealand
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
There has just been a find of worked flint in the USA that dates to 40,000 years ago.

That doesn't surprise me. The Beringia land bridge has undergone a number of floodings and exposures over the last few hundred thousand years. In 2010, a reconstruction of the sea-level history of the region by Prof Jerry Mitrovica (Dept of Earth and Planetary Sciences, Harvard U) indicated that a land bridge existed from around 70,000 to  60,000 BP then an intermittent connection over the next 30,000 years before another long term land bridge from 30,000 to around 11,000 BP at which time the Holocene sea-level rise due to deglaciation flooded the land, cutting off further migrations.

Interestingly, it was that Holocene sea level rise that led to the first Brexit!!

c0463399-800px-wm.jpg

Ian_Cook

Referees in New Zealand
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
That is pretty clear what you wrote, Maybe racism and white supremacy aren't good topics for sarcasm and irony. Perhaps a Freudian slip will occur. You can cover your slip up, just tell reader he is too dumb to understand. see below

Yep, I'm the dumbass in this scenario. Sarcasm BTW with use of I'm in place of you are.

You really don't get it do you? Its called comprehension... you should have learned that in grade school.

You are supposed to read this bit...

Perhaps all the racists and white supremacists of this world need to be granted their wish.... give them a white ethno-state homeland where they can live among their fellow white supremacists and do the white supremacist things that white supremacists do.

....in the light of this bit...

On a side note, has anyone here ever read William Golding's "Lord of the Flies"

The first bit is just a setup, to make the punchline (the second bit) work.

If you think I truly believe the first bit should actually happen, then you haven't being paying attention.

Not Kurt Weaver

Referees in America
Post Likes

You really don't get it do you? Its called comprehension... you should have learned that in grade school.

Sarcasm or not, I can comprehend from your post that a white ethno-state homeland would be entirely white by race. Kinda the definition of an ethno-state. , one race. I can also comprehend that all the racists would be granted their wish to live in this entho-state.

My conclusion from your first bit resulted in the question, Is only the white race capable of racism? That is what you wrote.

Your reference to the Lord of Flies , only indicates that chaos would result in your white entho state, which would be all-white, and would include all the racists. Therefore all the racists are white.

I have not read the book. I fall asleep when I read. It may be narcolepsy. Last book I read, front to back was the operators manual -10 for a CH-47 and that was 30 years ago.

Last edited:

Not Kurt Weaver

Referees in America
Post Likes
However they were also the first team to win the Superbowl with a black quarterback.

Well, not wholly true. QB Joe Gilliam was on the Steelers for wins in Super bowl 9 and 10.

Doug Williams, a Washington player was the first starting QB of African American descent to win Superbowl 22 and named game MVP

There may have been back up QB before Super bowl 9, but I'd have to research.

QB Jim Plunkett won 2 super bowls 15 and 18 . He may be first with Native American decent.

Last edited:

Ian_Cook

Referees in New Zealand
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Sarcasm or not, I can comprehend from your post that a white ethno-state homeland would be entirely white by race. Kinda the definition of an ethno-state. , one race. I can also comprehend that all the racists would be granted their wish to live in this entho-state.

My conclusion from your first bit resulted in the question, Is only the white race capable of racism? That is what you wrote.

Your reference to the Lord of Flies , only indicates that chaos would result in your white entho state, which would be all-white, and would include all the racists. Therefore all the racists are white.

facedesk.jpg

Marc Wakeham

Referees in Wales
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Depends how you define "injustice" and "racism" I guess.

Indeed it does. I is just some people seem to have a problem with others having a different opinion to them. Sadly a significant number are offended by things but are too scared to compain they need the support of others. THe victim of the bully too scared to come forward needs a "champion" but HEy he's not complaining so "nothing to see here". It's the attitude of the bully!

Marc Wakeham

Referees in Wales
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
indeed.

Other than to say that in some circumsrtances it would mean that the fighting etc is redundfant because potentially the perps dont care themselves, and the abused don't care either.

But I guess that is up to the fighters to reconcile 9it doesnt of course make it wrong. just merely potentially pointless)

It's not pointless if you put an end to it.