to whom it may concern

ckuxmann

Referees in America
Post Likes
As many of you read on Saturday the 16th I had an assessment that I was not to fond of. The reasons why do not need to be discussed. I then proceeded to post the report, as well as the assessors comments via email.

To those of you who were offended by this I am sorry, and can assure you things like this will not happen again. I took the moment and should have just accepted and moved on. once again to those that were offended I'm sincerely apologetic.

Sincerely
Cody Kuxmann

Due to these reasons the forms have been asked to be taken down.

Dixie

Referees in England
Post Likes
I didn't see the stuff, but I very much appreciate your taking the time and effort to acknowledge your error and to apologise for it. That shows integrity, and I respect you the more for it. It would have been easy to remove the text and leave it at that. :clap:

Davet

Referee Advisor / Assessor
Post Likes
Cody - As far as i am concerned there was nothing there to be offended about. Dunno who has told you that you were being offensive - you weren't. And you posed a legitimate query.

Frankly, I think you should leave the posts - ther is nothing wrong with them.

To whomever was offended - perhaps you could let us know what you thought was offensive?

menace

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
I'm amazed you got hauled over the coals for that....but great show of character to suck it up and play the game they want you too...ah the joys of club/society/association politics!

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Balls to that - tell 'em to get ****ed...

Easy to do when you have reached your potential, or are on the way back down.

Not so easy when you are still trying to find a way up the greasy pole :chin:

Davet

Post Likes
Maybe - but it's a policy I have adopted all my life - and not just in Rugby.

I once told an employer to get ****ed and walked off site, when he asked me to rip off a customer. Cost me a bit of money, and a few weeks unemploymemt. But the alternative was to simply cave in and be walked all over, and lose all my self respect.

ckuxmann

Referees in America
Post Likes
Guys, the politics aside, would rather not discuss this and keep this thread professional.

Thanks
Cody

TheBFG

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6

you'd be surprised who reads what's on here and other "social media sites".

Cody been there got that T-Shirt. people write things and then don't realise how it might be taken, and that works both ways! I personally have never understood the big secret when it comes to reports :chin: that said some think it should be between 2 people and that's it.

You'll never please all the people all the time.

I didn't see a problem with it either, but there you go!:shrug:

menace

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2

At my age and stage of where refereeing is in my life....hell yeah that's exactly what I would say too!

Guys, the politics aside, would rather not discuss this and keep this thread professional.

Thanks
Cody

Mate - you've done as they asked, you cannot be held responsible or liable for our actions! You don't need to discuss it, but we are entitled to. It is a new can of worms that could help educate others to navigate the BS!

Maybe I'll start a new thread to protect the innocent. "Exactly how much right does a society have to gag freedom of speech?"

Davet

Post Likes
you'd be surprised who reads what's on here and other "social media sites".

No, I wouldn't.

I also once posted on a rugby internet chat thread - SIRRS - mainly inhabited by US refs and the odd NZ or Aussie. I pointed out a number of idiocies by one senior US poster (whose name I forget but who has been involved at a high level with US rugby fore many many years) - I got a personal email from someone (not from UK) telling me to back off for the sake of my career....

Oddly, after I responded with a full and frank email, explaining exactly what my views were then I heard nothing more. I assume they were persuaded by my arguement.

I further assume that whoever is lurking and reading the stuff on here will not have the balls to explain themselves either. But go on -prove me wrong.

Nothing to do with Cody now - this is simply my own personal viewpoint - never accept shit, from anyone, for any reason.

Dixie

Referees in England
Post Likes
Cody - a thought. How many Kuxmann's are there refereeing in London? Perhaps it's time to retire your user name and call yourself Joe Bloggs.

dave_clark

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 15 - 11
one of the great advantages of my name is that it's about as google-safe as you can get.

notwithstanding the pedants on here who will almost certainly now prove me wrong :biggrin:

Simon Thomas

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
one of the great advantages of my name is that it's about as google-safe as you can get.

notwithstanding the pedants on here who will almost certainly now prove me wrong :biggrin:

but all a Google search gives me is in Bits & Pieces

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes

it's an interesting a very real question for the younger generation:

when naming a child should choose one that is google-safe or google stand-out.

It's not clear that the one is better than the other.
Yes many times its nice to be anonymous but on the other hand it's impossible to create an effective online presence for yourself if you are dave smith.

KieranW

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
when naming a child should choose one that is google-safe or google stand-out.

Not sure that's the first thing parents will consider when naming a child! It is scary though how much can be easily pieced together about a person just from a couple of searches. This is another reminder to be careful what kind of things you put your name to out in the public domain - despite the fact that I personally disagree with this particular case. Well done though for showing integrity and apologising, there are too many people who would try to cover something like this up to save 'embarrassment'.

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
Whereas I would say : every right.
If you dont like the society, leave it