Where are you this weekend? 2015/2016.

beckett50

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
This weekend I have a 4-hour car journey to Teeside where I am officiating at Guisborough who are entertaining Northern.

Here's hoping the A1 behaves itself!!

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Colts this weekend.

Warwickshire Colts League (8): Old Leamingtonians U18 vs Old Coventrians U18

Blackberry

Referees in England
Post Likes
This Saturday, due to the ongoing knee injury I have gone back to the Dark Side and am advising, and the ref is going to get top marks no matter what... here's his response to my email asking if there are any areas he would like me to concentrate on

"Am particularly keen to work on my communication skills with the TMO at crunch times (round about 78 minutes) as well as my sprinting speed off the pitch when I've made a howler that alters the match outcome and I am too embarrassed to face the music! I trust as my advisor you can assist me with these skills" (He does then say he is joking about what happened and is not really having a go at CJ).

It takes balls to answer an unknown adviser with those lines, made me laugh out loud.

Dixie

Referees in England
Post Likes
This weekend I have a 4-hour car journey to Teeside where I am officiating at Guisborough who are entertaining Northern.

Take the bike!

Ciaran Trainor

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
A little train ride again round the coast To Millom v Cockermouth L8
Should be evenly matched and Game Will definitely be on no matter what the weather.
The only Natural all weather pitch I know.
I don't think they've had a game off for 10 years

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Lol.

If I had a GS or a Tourer I might, but the route up is so boring :/

Have 10 pints before you set off. That'll make it exciting.

I think you'll find after junction 32 the A1(M) is wonderful.

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2

I had only 2 traffic shockers in UK:

1. driving past Stonehenge, and
2. Bath to M4 (passing Bristol) enroute to Cardiff

These both occurred early in my trip so I really feared the worst for the rest of the trip. But all good after that. :)

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
I had only 2 traffic shockers in UK:

1. driving past Stonehenge, and
2. Bath to M4 (passing Bristol) enroute to Cardiff

These both occurred early in my trip so I really feared the worst for the rest of the trip. But all good after that. :)

Once we knew your route we warned everyone else off the road!!

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Once we knew your route we warned everyone else off the road!!

You forgot to tell the ambulance I met nose-to-nose on a B road (or was it a C road) near Ilfracombe. :)

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Colts this weekend.

Warwickshire Colts League (8): Old Leamingtonians U18 vs Old Coventrians U18

Got moved to league game, but it's top v bottom and will almost certainly involve one way traffic :frown:
The colts game would have been far more competitive.

Womble

Facebook Member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
National Panel
Got moved to league game, but it's top v bottom and will almost certainly involve one way traffic :frown:
The colts game would have been far more competitive.

What a great challenge, see if you can referee tomorrow 50/50 without that little man on your shoulder saying "this will be one way, i know who will win" that is one of the most difficult tasks for you !!! You may even shock yourself !

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
last season I refereed a cup game that matched top and bottom in the table. They had played each other two weeks before and it was something like 60-10.

for the cup game the weaker team had any number of previously injured players returning from injury :tongue: and it was bloody close - they very nearly won it!

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
What a great challenge, see if you can referee tomorrow 50/50 without that little man on your shoulder saying "this will be one way, i know who will win" that is one of the most difficult tasks for you !!! You may even shock yourself !

Your right of course. The temptation is to give the weaker team some slack and referee the better team harder.
I will keep an open mind of course, thanks for the advice.

NB: before tomorrow I have to decipher the decisions of John Lacey for our big screen tonight. Tigers v Stade Francais.

Last edited:

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Your right of course. The temptation is to give the weaker team some slack and referee the better team harder.
I will keep an open mind of course, thanks for the advice.

NB: before tomorrow I have to decipher the decisions of George Lacey for our big screen tonight. Tigers v Stade Francais.

Who??

RobLev

Rugby Expert
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
You forgot to tell the ambulance I met nose-to-nose on a B road (or was it a C road) near Ilfracombe. :)

He got it wrong - he was supposed to be following you, just in case anybody didn't get the message.

Wedgie

Referees in England
Post Likes
Wow! I had an U17s league match this morning that ended 43-42 to the home side. Cracking open game, played in the right spirit with both captains wanting to check my maths at the end :biggrin: My calfs are still aching !

Last edited: