Where are you this weekend - 2022/23?

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
I noted this week that my club is in this PJ competeion this saturday!

Ciaran Trainor

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
A rare Easter Friendly Windermere v North Ribblesdale. We used to be inundated with touring teams in Cumbria years ago, Leagues put paid to that.

Ciaran Trainor

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
Well, I picked up the only papa john's game in the county. Upper Eden v Cockermouth. Two good well drilled teams who were 1st and 2nd in league this season. Cockermouth the only team to have beaten Eden in the league for over 2 seasons! Should be a great game.
What a cracking game this was. Finished 15 - 18. Unbelievably RFU president Nigel Gillingham was at the game and presented the league winners trophy to the home team after the game! He seemed to enjoy his Cumbria rugby L7 experience.

smeagol

Referees in America
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Morning/afternoon - Gateway 7s (Div 2 men CRC qualifier).

Evening - AR for Life @ Lindenwood (Div 1A national quarterfinal). Teams split in-conference games (34-22 and 17-7), so it should be a tight one.

Ciaran Trainor

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
Papa Johns again this week. Cockermouth V West Hartlepool. Both teams promoted and will probably be playing each other in the league next season.
PS now the first round walkovers have sorted themselves out, the clubs stll involved seem keen to progress to a potential final.

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Papa John here to.
Wednesbury in the Black Country v Port Sunlight from Birkenhead.
Interpreters may be required :)

Bunniksider

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Papa Johns again this week. Cockermouth V West Hartlepool. Both teams promoted and will probably be playing each other in the league next season.
PS now the first round walkovers have sorted themselves out, the clubs stll involved seem keen to progress to a potential final.
You will need to be strict on discipline and cut out backchat early. Despite me mentioning appealing etc. in my pmb WH skipper Ryan thought he had a right to talk to me how and when he wanted. I soon put him straight on that ;)

Rich_NL

Rugby Expert
Post Likes
Three matches tomorrow (youth end of season finale are drastically understaffed), and then an U23 vs students match on Sunday. I'll find out whether my legs are up to the challenge, I guess.

Flish

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Just seen the result on that one, could you have made it any closer? (Think West have been 100% until today)

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8

Peaky Blinders had a full team, The Birkenhead Massive had 14...no coach, no physio, no spectators, and a 3 hour journey to get there.
Easy win for the home side, but the whole game played in great spirit, lots of smiling and laughing throughout, no one got narked at the score.
It's these sort of games that remind you how good rugby is and how much sportsmanship is still alive.
Massive enjoyment for everyone, including me (y):)

Rich_NL

Rugby Expert
Post Likes
The U23 team had 22, the student team turned up with... 8.

But everyone wanted to play, so we made two teams of 15, shuffled the loaned players every 20 minutes, everyone happy and a great (if somewhat one-sided) game of rugby happened. Just like Phil, one of those matches that makes you feel good about the game and privileged to be on the pitch enabling it :)

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
The U23 team had 22, the student team turned up with... 8.

But everyone wanted to play, so we made two teams of 15, shuffled the loaned players every 20 minutes, everyone happy and a great (if somewhat one-sided) game of rugby happened. Just like Phil, one of those matches that makes you feel good about the game and privileged to be on the pitch enabling it :)
You probably could have offered up your whistle and taken a turn playing

Harry

Avid Rugby Lover
Post Likes
One of my playing memories, we were playing a friendly against the Fire Brigade who turned up a man short. So I played for them.
By half time Trumpton had found some more players but we had lost several players due to injuries (or hangovers) so I played the second half for my club.
Full of the warmth of a job well done I tucked into sausage beans and chips in the clubhouse to then be called up by my captain to receive man of the match, and a pint of very fizzy lager. Then even more full of the spirit of human kindness I was called up by the Fire Brigade's captain to receive his man of the match and a pint of Guinness.

That sat a little heavy in my stomach for some reason.

But it is why we play the game

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Peaky Blinders had a full team, The Birkenhead Massive had 14...no coach, no physio, no spectators, and a 3 hour journey to get there.
Easy win for the home side, but the whole game played in great spirit, lots of smiling and laughing throughout, no one got narked at the score.
It's these sort of games that remind you how good rugby is and how much sportsmanship is still alive.

Calm down!

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
This weekend could be last appointment this year.

Available for a few more weeks but no takers as yet! :rolleyes:

This weekend AR2 in Nat 2 North

Sheffield Tigers v Huddersfield

The deadest of dead rubbers but we have an "associate" ref from NLD stepping up so it'll be a challenge for all of us.

I've put a couple of kgs on whilst I've been injured so hopefully I'll still look svelte in the green/orange. :cool:

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6

No coach and no physio? Surely not a tracksuit shortage???

Stu10

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 15 - 11
This weekend could be last appointment this year.

Available for a few more weeks but no takers as yet! :rolleyes:

This weekend AR2 in Nat 2 North

Sheffield Tigers v Huddersfield

The deadest of dead rubbers but we have an "associate" ref from NLD stepping up so it'll be a challenge for all of us.

I've put a couple of kgs on whilst I've been injured so hopefully I'll still look svelte in the green/orange. :cool:
What's an "associate" ref?

smeagol

Referees in America
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Heart of America 7s @ Mizzou.

Last run-out before CRCs; hopefully the weather won't be a huge factor, unlike the other three 7s events I've done.