Recent content by barker14610

1. barker14610

Jarryd Hayne

Apparently he is going to try and make it in the NFL. I think he will struggle to make it. For an NFL player, his size will limit the positions he can play. 6'2" is a little tall for a running back. 220 pounds is a good weight, but that is light for someone of his height. Tight end would be...
  2. barker14610

The view from my office.........

This is from a business trip I took to Texas. Redneck enough for ya? .
  3. barker14610

All Blacks in Chicago

Anyone going to this?
  4. barker14610

1099s

Do any of you get 1099s at the end of the year for tax purposes? That is a new thing for Indiana in 2014. What is the tax rate? I tried looking it up but got bored after about 5 seconds reading that stuff. Is there an influence of your other income on the tax rate? Frankly, if 15+% of my...
  5. barker14610

Scheduling Software

In Indiana, we used Arbiter. It is the NCAA's platform. It is good, but expensive. What is everyone else using? My thoughts on the basic needs for the sytem: Refs- Get assignments via e-mail Must confirm assignment Can put in availability Have to put in RC/YC reports and score...
  6. barker14610

Premiership Commercial

The part about Wales had me in tears. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KeG_i8CWE8
  7. barker14610

Super 15 player signed by NFL team

This will be an interesting experiment. He has the size. http://www.indystar.com/article/20130725/SPORTS03/307250072/Colts-release-suspended-TE-Weslye-Saunders-sign-rugby-standout-Daniel-Adongo
  8. barker14610

Saddle Roll for our Illinois Friend

Smeagol- No way will we discuss this on the "world" forum. Dixie was already trying to start trouble. You will see a saddle roll and the USA Game Management Guidelines acknowledge it is a legal move. Simon Smith especially has had a lot of discussion with Richard Every regarding this...
  9. barker14610

DirecTV Channel 490

They are carrying Super Rugby again this year. Set your DVR
  10. barker14610

6N Predictions Week 5

Kool- Aid. I would not drink that poison if you paid me.
  11. barker14610

ddjamo's exchange to scotland...

Sounds like you had as much fun as this guy did when he came here.
  12. barker14610

Coach Evaluation Cards

We are going to start passing out cards for coaches to "assess" referees after a match. We used to use an on-line tool, but no one actually did it. Can you please share the ones from your society so I can pick and choose what I like and make (or steal) one for our society
  13. barker14610

Aussie Invasion

Pretty cool article. Not a bad time for these two guys. You get to play for a national championship in front of 80,000 people and about 30 million will watch you on TV. The kicker has a real shot at an NFL contract. The top paid kicker in the NFL makes $5,000,000 and the average salary is...
  14. barker14610

Nutrition

Snow crab legs. Are you kidding me? Those were Alaskan King Crab legs. The turkey fryer I have is big enough that I need to use it outside. See the set-up. That is a safety issue as well. The pot I use is 30 quarts (28.4L). I use a small turkey so it fits. I usually get about a 14 pound bird...
  15. barker14610

No World Cup- I Will Have to Watch This

Our very own DDJamo will be the match official for the "biggest game of the college season." See the article here: http://www.rugbymag.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2477:panther-host-falcons-for-massive-match&catid=48:mens-di-college&Itemid=208 The good news is that the home...