Recent content by chief

1. C

'Aussie' Steve Walsh gets final

Great news for all involved, having Walsh involved in the middle shows how by far and away the best he has been this year in Super Rugby. It is no secret that when Walsh is performing the game is better for all involved. Just how a good ref should be.
  2. C

Referee Rating - Wayne Barnes - Australia v New Zealand (Tri Nations)

Referee RatingWhich Referee are you rating? Wayne Barnes What game were they refereeing? Australia v New Zealand (Tri Nations) Did you support one of the teams playing? Yes Rate the referees OFFSIDE management 6 Rate the referees ADVANTAGE application. 9 Rate the referees management of...
  3. C

Highlanders vs Cheetahs

What did you all think of the ref? Penalties missed all over the paddock. 50/50 penalties caused. A couple of Cheetahs tries looked dubious to say the least. Thoughts?
  4. C

Super 15 referees

This year the refereeing has been bery concerning. I've seen one refereeing performance which I would call satisfactory (I haven't seen every game). Opinions would be fantastic from all of you! Some assessment of who I've seen Jonathan Kaplan- Absolutely pitiful, the penalties he blew were...
  5. C

Bryce Lawrence

Man am I a fan of him. I was his public enemy number 1, however his last few matches I've seen him referee, I've publicly commented on them and said what a good job he has done. Today was no exception, a few dodgy scrum calls, Aussies deserved many of those penalties no doubt about it. I love...
  6. C

Christophe Berdos

In my opinion, I have never seen such a poor refereeing performance at this level. Berdos' lack of English has probably contributed, however he regularly has called an advantage, but never finished it. Can think on the top of my head about 5 or even more times. Late tackles missed. Wallabies...
  7. C

Wayne Barnes in Wales

His performance seemed a little off today. He missed a few forward passes from Australia. He failed to Yellow Card a Australian scrum after I think about 7 scrum penalties. Far too significant amount of penalties without further sanction. This was the most disappointing facet of the game. How...
  8. C

Kaplan misses out.... again

It appears the ref who ranked by many as the best in the business, Mr Kaplan has missed out on the Currie Cup finals. Jonker and Lawrence will ref the semi's. While Joubert has been handed the final. He also missed out on semi appointments and final appointments in the S14. What's going on...
  9. C

IRB November Refs

http://www.irb.com/newsmedia/mediazone/pressrelease/newsid=2040470.html#match+officials+appointed+november+tests Great to see Steve Walsh back on the panel. Not sure if he deserves it, over here he's been pretty poor.
  10. C

Argentina v France

Seemed like a good game from what I've seen so far. Anyone tell me what they thought of Stu Dickinson's performance?
  11. C

Irb Jwc

I've been watching this tournament closely, as a lot of the Aussie players have had S14 experience. I've been impressed with the officiating as well. Garratt Williamson was fantastic yesterday. What a game he has had. And rewarded with the Semi Final as well. Allowed the game to flow, didn't...
  12. C

Dedicated Assistant Referee's

All year, I've seen South African dedicated Assistant Referees, who soley AR for games. I think this is a poor decision, as AR's who actually have refereed professionally can work out the scrums and their issues. Last nights Semi's were examples, where AR's were about 5 metres away but they...
  13. C

Great news for Ian Cook

Stuart Dickinson will referee the Crusaders v Bulls clash in Soweto after Marius Jonker's interesting display. Mark Lawrence will referee the other semi with the Waratahs and Stormers.
  14. C

Joubert for the final

http://www.rugby365.com/tournaments/super14/news/2413640.htm Joubert has been awarded the final, with Dickinson and Lawrence awarded Semi's finally the merit system has its dividends.
  15. C

Wayne Barnes gets HEC Final

uropean Rugby Cup has appointed Wayne Barnes to referee the Final of the 15th Heineken Cup between Toulouse and Biarritz on 22 May at Stade de France. It will be his first Heineken Final. Alain Rolland, who refereed the World Cup Final in 2007, will referee the Final of the Amlin Challenge Cup...