Recent content by JDET

1. J

offside

Wale V Argentina 48th minute. Red 7 makes a sucessfull tackle blue player goes to ground red player get hand on before blue support player gets there. Blue player arrives Red player pops the ball back but goes loose. Red 8 is coming back from earlier line out up field and has not yet passed the...
  2. J

Rugby player awarded compensation

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/southafrica/8495505/Rugby-player-to-be-awarded-compensation-for-scrum-jack-knife.html I'v never heard of this expression before:chin:
  3. J

How should I manage this potential incident

Two Red players have broken Green defence and have a clear run to the try line, from the right wing the Green full back gets across to take out the Red ball carrier. However he goes in clumsley and appears to try to slide into the tackle and grasp the Red player to haul him down. Red off loads...
  4. J

Castle Cary 7s Somerset

I guys I have been approched by the organisers to find a couple more refs for this weekend. Details on the below link or contact me and I will send you the organisers details. Cheers http://www.castlecaryrfc.co.uk/kay_flyer.pdf
  5. J

Mininum age

I had the pleasure of reffing a friendly between two third teams. One team was the usual fifteen blokes 30-50 years, with faces that only a mother could love. However when the opposition turned up it was a mixture of some of the aformentioned but also 5 or 6 guys who looked 16 -18. I decide to...
  6. J

When to ping a wheel

I am having trouble deciding when a wheel should be pinged does anyone have any tips or 'rule of thumb'. Cheers
  7. J

Was I right two stick to my guns??

Ok, first offical league game nervous as a bride on her wedding night,and I made a wrong desision. Red and blue scrum, red put in scrum wheels 90 but the ball is in the red 2nd row. I blow and reset the scrum giving the put in to blue, a mistake that the players did not complain about. However a...
  8. J

How long after livestock

For those of us who live in the sticks, I am sure this is a situation we have all come across. Livestock have manged to get on to the playing field and have left their 'calling cards' all over the pitch. My question is does this mean the pith is unsafe to play on, and is there a minimum...
  9. J

Only an 8 week ban

I see from todays Telegraph that Burger has only recieved an 8 week ban. I have used the word 'only' because I remember other cases i e Dylan Hartley who got a 6 month suspension. From what I have seen from the replays there is no doudt this has to be one of the worst, and has not done our sport...
  10. J

Off side at the tackle

I am looking for clarification on a point in the game that always seems to cause some debate in the club house. The point in question is when a player is tackled and the tackler is quick to his feet, does he have to move round 'through the gate' to an on side postition before he can make a...
  11. J

5 meter clarification

A scrum is awarded on the 5 meter. Are the defending team still required to drop the 5 Meters behind the back foot or is the offside line the try line?
  12. J

Offside at Penalty

Penalty to Green, Blacks have retreated ten, Green take their kick but there winger was a bit keen and got infront of the kicker, should it be a scrum back Black put in?