Search results

1. M

2013-2014 laws....

I'm looking for information from different unions on how they deal with the issuing of the new laws. In France, the FFR has decided not to print out the laws and regulations, leaving each ref to print out, or not, their own copies. It represents roughly 250 pages for the laws and about the...
  2. M

Where are you this week-end??? 2012-2013

Here are the two halves for Blaye v BDD
  3. M

The only photo available from my last match.
  4. M

ending a scrum

Law 20.10 (c) states : (c) Hindmost player unbinds. The hindmost player in a scrum is the player whose feet are nearest the team’s own goal line. If the hindmost player unbinds from the scrum with the ball at that player’s feet and picks up the ball, the scrum ends But what happens if the...
  5. M

charge down in-goal

this week-end, I came across the following situation : - scrum whites, 7/8m out from their goal line. - SH whites passes the ball to FH, who is (just) in-goal - FH kicks (in-goal) and is charged down by 7 yellow - ball bounces back into in-goal whites - ball grounded by 12 whites For me, it's...
  6. M

Hi everybody, being a member on the french rugby refs forum (arbitrage-rugby.com), there's an excellent topic where we all post our appointments. After the match, we post a brief summary (score, YC, RC, general "ambiance", etc....). It's obvious that 90% of the clubs mentionned will be utterly...
  7. M

who supplies ref kit???

I'd like to know how things are dealt with in other countries concerning referees' official match kit (shorts, socks, jersey). Is there a national sponsor? Are only certain levels concerned? Do you have to buy all the kit? etc.... In France, the situation is quite confusing. Our sponsor (La...
  8. M

FK and maul

reviewing the various laws, we stumbled upon a peculiar situation. - a FK is awarded for the blues. - they form a maul - the ball is ejected and a drop goal tried and scored. Several refs opted to award the drop goal, others a 22 drop out. After many discussions, we received a mail from the...
  9. M

NZ junior team visiting France

End Septembre, a NZ team is coming over for a match at Blaye (north of Bordeaux). I haven't got all the details, but there will be a junior team. I was approached to ref. I was wondering if juniors in NZ played IRB laws exclusively, or if there were differences. Because in France, the laws are...
  10. M

French scrums....

I'm a new member to this forum. I'm a french referee, near Bordeaux, refereeing from level 6 downwards. These's been a lot of discussions over here concerning the CTS sequence at the pro level. Last season, most scrums had to be re-set a great number of times. This season, things are radically...