Search results

1. B

E. Mids Exchange

I've got my first exchange of the season this week. Off to Corby to ref Stewarts & Loyds v Deeping. Any local info would be appreciated. Cheers Mark
  2. B

3 Months for streaking

Sydney Morning Herald Sounds a bit harsh to me but he does have form.
  3. B

Off to Essex

Heading to Harlow on 2nd March for their match against East London. League table would suggest a home banker but any further local knowledge would be much appreciated. Cheers Mark
  4. B

My first report

I did the first assesors course 18 months ago, more to learn about how I am being assessed than to take up my clipboard immediately but as my game was pulled recently I was at a loose end and arranged to go and watch a colleague. Here is my first report. I know that you were not at the match...
  5. B

Trip to Yorkahire

My report from my trip to Yorkshire last week. (I can't edit spelling typo in title) I arrived at N at 13:00 to learn that I was about 40 miles away from my match as the fixture had been reversed earlier in the season. Not my fault as the assessor also went to N first. We started about 30 mins...
  6. B

Broken Arm

I'm gutted. Saturday evening after rugby I was fielding a lacrosse ball for my son and managed to run into an immovable object 1 foot from the ground and go base over apex landing on both wrists. Classic example of how we teach kids not to go to ground when tackled. But would have been worth...
  7. B

9 out of 10

After loosing today's Women's University match due to players not being available I have now lost 9 of my last 10 society appointments due to the weather and various other reasons. Last Saturday's L9 (my first L9 and with an assessor) was the low point. I have reffed one 1st XV school match...
  8. B

Schools Rugby

I have my first appointment to a schools match this week. Are there any different laws to the U19s variations and if so any handy links? Any advice or experiences would also be appreciated, thanks.
  9. B

In at the deep end

I had my first society match last week and I was also assessed. I got the appointment at 6:30 pm on Friday so no real time to worry about things, just plenty of preparation and double checking. I have done my ELRA3 self assessed games with our U14’s and also a university 7’s tournament so this...
  10. B

22 Drop out

Had a couple of failed penalty kicks at goal on Saturday resulting in 22 drop out restarts. I wasn't happy about where I should position myself. I wanted to be in front of the kicker (to get a head start) but didn't want to block him. A bit of advice please on your preferred starting position.
  11. B

Boot in hand

U14's game this weekend. My third self assessed game towards ELRA 3, loving it and eager to move on to society reffing. As play moves cleanly away from a ruck I hear a shout of REF and look round to see home team flanker standing with his boot in his hand. Play on I shout (My thoughts at the...
  12. B

Passing to referee accident or intentional

I have just picked this up of another forum and would be very interested to know what you all thought. Particularly if you saw it as intentional what would be the sanction (penalty for unsportsmanship?) Clip The Huddle Forum