Recent content by B52 REF

1. B

rwc 7s appointments out

now on www.rwcsevens.com -no real surprises (bryan might disagree) big congrats to all but special huge congrats to my TOP TO3 , Gabby,Amy and Sherry- you rock-the GAS is hitting Moscow !!! :aus::canada: (robbie we need a hongkong flag)
  2. B

Rare breed RR whistler spotted in FENS,

Second drove, fengate, peterborough - any other sightings ??/
  3. B

cCONGRATS TO BRYAN

BIG cograts for Bryan of this parish for getting the junior world cup gig in chile- guess that means the wedding is on hold again bryan :canada:
  4. B

Houston/vegas

7'S WILDWEST STYLE- am staying at hilton americas, houston if anyone fancies a beer then getting in early (afternoon of 5th) to palace station , vegas if anyone is at a loose end for a beer or several that evening (may go to strip to meet/greet the english team) otherwise see y'all at the...
  5. B

Womens world series

So Amsterdam makes the bigtime- whoopwhoop. also note the USA leg is HOUSTON the week before Vegas- am thinking of making a fortnight of it as used to cQach a bit of rugby at UoH- anyone else likely to be reffing/attending both??
  6. B

knock on into touch

new LAT says "if ball in touch from knock on...lineout at the point the ball crossed the touch line" FYI 3 panel refs told me tonight this is not so -if ball knocked on directly into touch LO is in line with the knock on.(only where "crossed the touch line" if it bounced in play) one of the 3...
  7. B

zut alors joel est le chef d'equipe....

felicitations to joel on succeeding POB- now will my years of reffing in france get me that appointment (bien sur non je pense)
  8. B

HSBC 7s Fancy Dress Street Rugby

oops this sad all black came as a 7s winner, better luck next time
  9. B

Too old to tour??????

Week 25- Essex bunfight - but surprisingly compliant and good humoured. dodgy bit of romford and have to doubloe park the porsche- give a barmaid the keys and am amazed when it is still in position on return. Visiting skip did offer to "give it a proper drive" to his home later. Get to watch one...
  10. B

the barnsey and hollywood roadshow

wayne and steve walsh are presenting (and q & a ) at london meet on thursday -any q's for the boys?? obvious one being if WB agrees that if he "had had the luxury of attending the disciplinary panel" and "replaying,reviewing,analysing and dissecting,with unlimited time" all the dvds in slomo he...
  11. B

sad news- jason lees r.i.p.

sorry to interrupt ddjamo tour but some of you may not have heard of the tragic death yesterday of jason and his son, to those of us who knew him (even if only slightly) he will be remembered as one of the nicest ,most fun and smiliest refs around - a great guy and terrible loss.
  12. B

Nobody's too old to have a wild time in VEGAS....

WEEK 23- Vegas baby but TRA (tour rules apply) so will stick to the rugger bit ... or maybe just a taster of the social.... Night one - beers meet up with other refs - breifing - gentle reminder that usa happily ignore some irb directives :) more beers, (p###### spillage/falling over after a...
  13. B

Old enough but maybe not wise enough to know better....L

week 20 -new year's day -no game but day at the london parade as am lunch host to 16 Texas CHEERLEADERS (it's a tough job but...). torrential cold rain but the gutsy daughters of the republic are one of the 20% of partcipants who go the distance (finishing like drowned but pretty rats). Brisk...
  14. B

It's vegas baby.

4 Weeks to go - am arriving mid afternoon on 8th if anybody fancies a few pre-breif shandies. Am staying at palace station initially (well until WWI arrives stamps her feet and insists we move to the Cosmo.) If anyone is there earlier england team have invited me to their training and meet the...
  15. B

AGE?-sorry RfU policy is strictly "don't ask,don't tell"

Week 18- days filming "school of hardknocks" for skyt.v. with messrs. quinell and shaggy greenwood plus a bunch of tottenham reprobates (teaching them how to get a life through the medium of rugger) good fun ,lots of raw talent. Jaunt to France for a student cup game. Realise i haven't reffed a...