Recent content by bcm666

1. bcm666

Scotland v France scrums

Yes, I did and you know why - because it keeps on happening. time and time and time again. Referees don't collapse scrums but they are the only people who have a whistle and saying 'sort it out fellas' is no solution. This is a summary of the Scotland v France scrums - Does anyone think...
  2. bcm666

Pundits common errors

Ok, the autumn Internationals are coming up - what say, top ten areas/errors/things do you want us to get right re the laws - not issues that are wholly matters of opinion?
  3. bcm666

Brian Moore's answer to the bogus cliams about the 'new' scrum laws and dangers

Herewith - http://t.co/nxqa65TaEp - discuss.
  4. bcm666

Paris summit

I have been invites as one of quite a few to a summit in Paris about the scrum and specifically the new trials. Anyone got anything they think should be passed on from the non elite referees to Mr Jutge and Mr Jeffrey?
  5. bcm666

H-Cup final

This shows what having a little knowledge does - it makes you look stupid - That is what I was angry about - and rightly so - he's lucky I was very disciplined and didn't chin him.
  6. bcm666

Referees Meetings with their Union, Coaches and Players

I am telling the story below because I believe it represents an approach that is now endemic with some sections of the refereeing community and because it is one that appears, to me, to be happening on many different issues facing the game, from scrums, to appointments and other important issues...
  7. bcm666

Wayne Barnes - Quins v Bath

At one point we had 10 scrums - 1 completed as a restarting of the game. First scrum WB ignored a 6 metre early drive by Bath and brought it back for a reset which he then FKd a marginally early engagement. The latter had and has no effect on stability; the former has a major effect. Later in...
  8. bcm666

Ordinary Fans Scrum Survey

This link is to a simple survey put together, without any input from me, by a follower of mine on Twitter. He is a Welsh fan who amongst nearly 8,000 others believes the scrum is a priority problem for rugby. I don't want to get involved with arguments about methodology or the content of the...
  9. bcm666

Steve Walsh and scrums

This is written in the immediate aftermath of a dominant and deserved Welsh victory. What right does Walsh or any referee have to tell a player (Tom Youngs) to stand precisely on a particular spot and not move. Unbelievable. A man with a Messiah complex writ large.
  10. bcm666

If you doubted the effects of not refereeing the put-in law see here

Three possible British Lions, two from the front row demonstrate the fundamentals of elite scrummaging - any omissions? When this is official training and coaching material how badly screwed up is that law at that level? http://t.co/JwH1oWy7
  11. bcm666

'Use it' call in scrums

Can anyone highlight the law or directive that allows referees to call this? Law 20.4 (e) and (f) state apply when scrum is stationary and presumably referees calling at that point are simply warning the pack in possession that if they do not play the ball they will apply those laws. Also, in my...
  12. bcm666

Player talk to officials

General view on my twitter feed is that talking/appealing to/questioning officials is getting worse (not necessarily abusive) both at top TV level and lower down. what is your experience? If you agree do you think it is a problem?
  13. bcm666

Managing the Scrum

Before you all roll your eyes, I was asked to do this by another bored member. The things i assert are, from my experience, those which will minimise trouble at the scrum; they will not stop all collapses because they can occur accidentally and some props cannot resist the urge to cheat...
  14. bcm666

BCM's Scrum Notes

Before you all roll your eyes, I was asked to do this by another bored member. The things i assert are, from my experience, those which will minimise trouble at the scrum; they will not stop all collapses because they can occur accidentally and some props cannot resist the urge to cheat...
  15. bcm666

BCM's views no crooked feeds

Re: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Rules for Unregistered Posts BRIAN MOORE PETITION FOR REFEREES TO DO THEIR JOB PROPOERLY Please forgive this round about way pof addressing this issue. I would have used the correct page but the system kept telling me I did not have enough priviliges, whatever...