Search results

1. C

Alain Rolland - Double Movement

Alain Rolland disallowed the Samoan try and said "double movement" penalty Wales. We all know what he means but why not use the correct signal and terminology ????
  2. C

Scrum V presentation

Did anyone see my successful bid on Scrum V "Dragon's Den" what a laugh it was. Scrum V Dragon's Den Tom :)
  3. C

Bans how widely applicable

Was discussing an incident the other day, a player was red carded for referee abuse x 2 and WRU has given him (IIRC) a 18 week ban. he's a local lad who was home from UNI, the person I was discussing it with said he (the player) wasn't too bothered because it wouldn't affect him playing for his...
  4. C

U14 Weight Training

No. 1 son is finishing U13 this season and will be U14 next. as a No.8 He's keen to bulk up a bit, however I've been reluctant to allow him to weight train feeling he's been a bit too young. In the last year he's grown a lot (now 5' 8" at age 12 (13 in a couple of weeks)) and is about 9.5...
  5. C

North Wales U11 & U10 Tournament

If anyone fancies a great day out in sunny North Wales we are looking for refs for next Sunday, 19th April at Bangor RFC 10:00 - 16:00. 25 teams and approx 70+ games to get through. anyone interested the orgainser is Junior Co-ordinator at Bangor RFC, contact details at...
  6. C

Ball thrown into touch to end game

Red vs Blue U18 cup match. score is 8 - 6 to Blue. final play of the game is a scrum to blue about 8M in from touchline about 30M out from Blue goal line. scrum won by blue, they move it blind a few meters and are tackled and a nice neat ruck occurs with SH poised to play the ball, he looks up...
  7. C

Nice bit of excercise for you London types

I'm working at this event in a few weeks time. Any of you London boys planning to take part ? http://england.shelter.org.uk/what_you_can_do/events_and_challenges/vertical_rush
  8. C

Advantage - Scrum or 22 drop out

Reffed a game today. Blue player knocks-on about 12M out from opposition goal line, I indicate and call "advantage knock-on" ball bounces forwards to in-goal and is dropped on by green player. What would you give ? back for scrum to green about 12M out from their goal-line or 22 drop out to...
  9. C

Leinster vs Cardiff

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/my_club/cardiff_blues/7822835.stm I saw the game and think unfortunately Dai Young has a point, poorly managed. Anyone else see is and have comments ?
  10. C

slapping the ball from the SH hands

I often get asked by players about the legality of slapping the ball from the SH hands when he's emerging from the bottom of a ruck, especially after I've penalised them for doing it. What are your thoughts about this action ? and which particular laws pertain to it.
  11. C

Meeuws vs O'Shea

who saw this last night ? fantastic :biggrin: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/welsh/7733002.stm
  12. C

Kit for Junior Games

When (and if) you ref Junior games (lets say U16 and below) do you wear full kit ? I have had a couple of discussions with other refs who sometimes just wear a tracksuit, I feel if you look like a "proper" ref you get treated like a "proper" ref, thoughts?
  13. C

Early Shove - Who is to blame?

As a non ex-pack player, can anyone give me a bit of advice about deciding who is responsible for the early shove. I know it always looks like the team moving forward, but then the team moving backwards maybe not taking the hit well and making it look like an early shove ?
  14. C

Penalty query

At last night's society meeting a colleague was discussing the scenario below: last 5mins of the game. Penalty awarded to blue 15M out from red line but not in front of the posts. Ref says "wait" and goes to deal with an injury. When he returns blue 9 has the kicking tee in hand and asks...
  15. C

The old "double movement" question

Got myself in a bit of a pickle the other day, green aproaching blue goal-line, blue make a tackle about 5M out and green slides to within 1-2M of the line. waits a sec and then tries to place the ball, clearly it wasn't immediate and all the blue players shout "double-movement" green lies...
  16. C

Fantasy Rugby

Anyone know if there are any Fantasy Rugby games on-line at the mo. preferably including the Magners League clubs. My 12 year old is keen to pit his selection wits against me.:= Regards
  17. C

"Game is being played outside the law" - says Paddy

Interesting interview with Paddy O'brien on Scrum V on the Radio Wales Listen again service. Here This week's episode will replace this one later tonight so listen now. Fast forward to 00:33:44 for the interview.
  18. C

Try or penalty against attackers

Should this have been a try or a penalty against attackers for play contrary to 16.3(d) http://www.rugbyfanz.com/VideoShow.php?id=1039&nl=2304
  19. C

Wales to play on a Friday Night

Ridiculous http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/7352450.stm Screws up my travel plans :mad:
  20. C

Summer Sessions

Does anyone have a particular summer training regime which they try to use ? As the season draws to a close I'm filled with good intentions to spend the "off season" :cool: preparing for a much busier 2008/09.