1. Colt

50:22 and QTI

That’s how rugby should be played 👌
  2. Colt

Evsham player dies during match

Reported today, no info, but just awful news By all accounts fit and well
  3. Colt

no time play & safety

Last scrum of the match inside defending 22, players had asked how much time left, "about 30 seconds", call goes out from the assembled forwards "last play lads" ball emerges ok, spun out to the backs team in possession keen to keep it in play, (they were winning/ likley to stay that way, were...
  4. Colt

mobile phones

So my trusty Nokia has decided enough is enough after only 6 years, which is not very good in my opinion, I thought solid stae stuff was supposed to go on forever. I am a builder, spend all day on sites and need to text, make calls and get emails, that's it. don't need a camera or music or a...
  5. Colt

microsoft explorer concerns

So both Google and the German Gov are now worried about Microsoft programme!! And it would seem microsoft themselves!!!!!!!!! http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8463516.stm Are there any safe browsers out there, surely they can all be hacked, I would have thought if someone can write...
  6. Colt

"ball out"

this must have been discussed at length before, but; part of my pre brief is to tell 9 what I am looking for, in control of the ball, so both hands solidly on, then move ever so quickly. at ruck if you are obviously "digging" for ball I will tell oppo to hold the back foot, so make you decision...
  7. Colt

to play or not to play

had a call from my DoR during the week saying there would be a pitch inspection at 11.00am for my game ko at 3pm on new year day. I turned up early with oppo manager the 2 groundsmen ref co-ordinator had a warnder about groundsmen thought it might be ok by ko i wanted it to be, big important...
  8. Colt

how to function in the cold

Well the cold & damp is here and with it the onset of numb fingers barely able to hold a pen and keep score. I sometimes wear a t shirt under my Society top, so the torso copes, can cope with cold legs, which are ok once the game starts and I can keep moving, but my hands just refuse to keep...
  9. Colt

playing colours

Had an interesting senario recently in a game I was watching. Both teams predominatley in blue, one blue/ white hoops, the other plain blue with white vertical strips. Ref says colour clash, I thought a bit OTT, lots of confusion. As it happens the guy I was with had the key to our kit shed so...
  10. Colt

motorbike gloves

I posted many months ago re bike info and their seemed to be a good number of bikers, with some really useful info, so thanks. Well I purchased my Triumph Bonneville, great fun, but am saving very hard for a 1200GS, so I can visit my family in Marseille, well that's my excuse. My current...
  11. Colt

dummy move base of ruck

Black, U18 game, camped inside their 5m, ruck formed. I have gone in spotted the ball and am standing about 3m away infield. Black player bends down to collect ball, stands up, as he does so white make a move forward, thinking, like I , that sh will have ball in hand, only he does'nt!, they...
  12. Colt

motorbikes

any bikers out there? thinking of a Boneville, newish, but I hear conflicting reports about quality of build, especially the chrome. My fallback is a Tiger, but I hear the 1050 is not a better bike than the 955. So I thought of going for reliability and looked at a Fazer S2, bit of a range I...
  13. Colt

New referee way forward

17 year old, just completed his ELRA keen to move on but was not sure where to go next. Had a long conversation about contacting some of the younger club sides and ask to be involved in a few friendlies or training games, as U13/14's run two squads. Generally I told him to get in some Ref...
  14. Colt

dvd copier programme

I have to copy some dvds' of games and I have done lots of research and come to the conclusion that, with all things to do with computers, I am none the wiser at the end of my wanderings around the internet than I was at the beginning! What, for exampl,e is a "cd ripper"? Can any of you...
  15. Colt

re-start after try

level 10 good tempered game, played in good spirit with the usual "queries" from the 9. Whites score a try and the majority jog back into their half, end up in a huddle over to one side. Green on their line well behaved, kick misses posts and green despatch a quick runner to collect bal whilst...