Search results

1. K

Nine ways to make rugby safer - BBC Sport

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/31641675 To make it an even ten I would suggest adding props not playing with their friend's dog the week before a :scot: :italy: game !!!! http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/31588224
  2. K

Knock on into touch

Law Clarification 1 2014 states "If a player rips the ball or deliberately knocks the ball from an opponent's hands and the ball goes forward from the ball carrier's hands, that is not a knock on." If the ball, once ripped, goes forward and then goes into touch who gets the put in? Is the...
  3. K

RWC2015 - The Ballot

Just got my email from RWC tickets. Zero out of all six games applied for. :( Hope others did better. Fortunately got some through the society route a few months ago. :hap:
  4. K

Another advantage question

An incident in this weekends Munster Perpignan H-Cup sparked an interesting debate between myself and my recently ELRA 1/2 qualified 16 yo son :clap:. Referee JP Doyle was playing penalty advantage to red for a ruck offence 22m out near the right touchline. Red attempts a cross-field kick to...
  5. K

New rule changes in section 1.3(b) and 1.3(c) - iPAD LOTG version

My i-thingy iRB LOTG app has just issued an update saying it includes "New rule changes in section 1.3(b) and 1.3(c)". These are the bits about lines on the picth. Have I missed something. :chin:
  6. K

Collapsed Maul - RFU U19 Variations

Re-reading the RFU Age Grade Regulations prior to an U13 game tomorrow (!) http://www.rfu.com/TheGame/~/media/Files/2010/TheGame/Regulations/RFU%20Regulation%2015%20Appendix%202.ashx APPENDIX 2 U19 VARIATIONS (RFU Experimental Law Variations and clarification of IRB U19 Laws of the Game)...
  7. K

Dates for the calender

The Rugby Football Union (RFU) has today announced the QBE Internationals 2012 fixtures: Saturday 10 November 2012, KO 2.30pm England vs. Fiji Saturday 17 November 2012, KO 2.30pm England vs. Australia Saturday 24 November 2012, KO 2.30pm England vs. South Africa Saturday 1 December 2012, KO...
  8. K

Header leads to try - not something you see every day

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/15593746.stm
  9. K

First Assessment: Third Adult Game

Did my ELRA 1/2 a while ago. Prior to that had done Foundation or whatever it was called. Was happy sticking to Club Youth games. Decided to give Adult games ago to complete ELRA3 . Game 1: Pre-season, hung-over students. 14 a side friendly. Great fun Game 2: The car-crash the end all...
  10. K

RWC England vs Scotland: Maul from LO - Gain in Ground Question

First half c. 11 mins. Wilkinson clears from inside his own 22m. Ball bounces in to touch 1m outside Scotland 22m. AR trots along and duly marks LoT just outside 22m. Scotland defend on the 22m. Ball thrown in from outside 22m. Scotland win the ball from the LO. Maul formed and moves into...
  11. K

Learning from Wendyball?

Six sent off and game abandoned for the wrong undergarments. Not even "leggings".:pepper: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15073916.stm
  12. K

Place Kicking Competition

Came across a Place Kicking Competition to decide a game for the first time last week (rules below). 15-all draw in a national u17 knock-out divisional final. 2 tries each, one converted each and one penalty goal each. Spectating (son playing) and was acting as unofficial photographer. St...
  13. K

Kick ahead touched in-flight by opponent

Can someone please help me with the following scenarios following a kick-ahead being touched in-flight e.g. an attempted charge down. I am confused as I am sure I have heard referees shout “touched – all onside!” after a kick ahead has been touched in flight by opponents. Having re-read the...
  14. K

vBulletin software flaw

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-10714192 Not sure where to post this but board administrators may be interested. A serious flaw in software widely used to power online discussion sites could allow hackers to harvest reams of personal data, the BBC has learned. The flaw in a specific...
  15. K

Maul Question

Ball carrier plus team mate and defender all bound together on feet contest ball. Ball carrier goes to ground (say on one knee). Defender and ball carrier continue to contest ball. 17.2(d) Keeping players on their feet. Players in a maul must endeavour to stay on their feet. The ball carrier...
  16. K

English U13s Touring Wales

Taking an U13 squad to Wales in a few weeks and would welcome some advice / clarification from WRU colleagues on the following: 1) I can only find the WRU Rugby Pathway for Season 2008-2009 on the WRU site. Is this the latest version? Are there any changes to the rules for this season? 2) As I...
  17. K

Kicking Ball in Scrum

Debate in bar following U16 league match which I was watching from touch-line as parent. Black team won quite a number of scrums against-the-head. Observations from some of the Blue spectators after the game was that Black's "hooking" technique when non-striking team was to kick the ball...
  18. K

Nausea-cam

Was I the only person to get vertigo every time the BBC switched to the overhead bot-cam during play in the Eng v Wales game yesterday? Seemed to be better in the 2nd half. Not sure if the producer used it less or my inner-ear sensitivity had been dampened with alcohol.
  19. K

Tripping Kicker

U16s league game. Orange kick downfield. Kick collected on first bounce by Blue FB who neatly side-steps chasing Orange winger, kicks back down 5m channel and chases. Orange winger deliberately trips Blue FB using foot directly in front of ref. Ref blows immediately. Ref YCs Orange winger and...
  20. K

1st Offence?

Scrum - Black put-in. As Black s/h puts ball-in, Red back-line all encroach past 5m scrum offside line Scrum doesn't properly finish e.g. collapse, wheel >90 deg, other scrum offence etc (& for U19s scrum pushed >45 deg or pushed > 1.5 m) Which offence takes precendence? Does scrum have to...