Recent content by Wolrabs

1. W

Google Glass

Hi, Just had a thought...how cool would it be to wear a safe version of Google Glass and be able to act as your own TMO? Alright, you would have to be looking at an incident for it to be recorded, but being able to replay touchdowns or forward passes or being able to have video evidence to...
  2. W

Penalty Kick

Hi, Green have a penalty and opt to kick for goal. Red stand 10m away. Green takes kick and is successful. However Red forward jumps as the kick is taken. What is the decision? Cheers Sean
  3. W

Should I referee my son's age group?

Hi, I reffed my son's team on the weekend and they happened to lose. They had been unbeaten all season and lost this last game. At the end I shook hands with the opposition who thanked me for the game. With the exception of one player from my son's team no one bothered to do this. The one lad...
  4. W

Length of time in the Sin Bin

Hi, How long do players stay in the sin-bin in junior rugby? I thought it is still 10 minutes, but someone else said it was dependent on age group. Thanks. Sean
  5. W

Positioning at the scrum

On TV, I see the referees standing behind the SH which in my mind means they can't see what is going on. In my ELRA, I was told to stand in the SH position and then when I was happy with the scrum to move away and let the SH in. When I have done this, I have been criticised (mainly by the...
  6. W

U13 - First game as a Ref

Generally went well……fitness levels need improving…… Must not eat a banana at half time…..not pleasant! Handled ball going dead in goal fairly well. Three scrums on the 5m line where defending team won the scrum, passed back into their in-goal and touched down. Out we came for another...
  7. W

Hats

Hi With this rather inclement weather, and the fact I wear glasses, can I wear a baseball cap whilst I ref? Before anyone says, "Get Contact Lenses", I am! Two week wait for them though, but in the meantime is it OK to wear a cap? Regards. Sean
  8. W

Keeping Score

Hi, How does everyone keep score? I am leaning towards Letters in sequence and tally marks underneath. Cheers Sean
  9. W

LV Cup...London Welsh vs Exeter

Are the refs in the LV cup and the Premiership not bothering with how the ball is fed into the scrum? I was watching the highlights and there was a scrum on the 10m line and the ball was fed right to the 2nd row. The line was there....and there was no effort to put the ball in straight. This...
  10. W

Kick taken in front of the mark

Hi, A mark is called for, but the kicker moves forward from the mark and takes the kick. What should happen? Penalty to the non-kicking side or scrum? Cheers Sean
  11. W

FIXED:Problem with the Database and the recordset

Hi, I keep getting the following: ADODB.Recordset error '800a0bcd' Either BOF or EOF is True, or the current record has been deleted. Requested operation requires a current record. /quiz.asp, line 73 Looks like there is a problem with your code..not checking for 'no records found'...
  12. W

Penalty kick goes into Touch In Goal

Hi, Just a quick question. What happens if from a penalty kick, the ball bounces in-field but goes out of play through Touch-In-Goal. I brought the play back for a scrum at the point of the kick, but I have a vague feeling that it should have been something else, like a scrum at 5m in from...
  13. W

Kick Off and Restart

Hi, Just wondered what should happen in the following situation: U11 Black restarts after try with drop kick. Ball goes past the 10m point and then bounces into touch without a Red player touching the ball. I brought them back for a red scrum at the middle. Was this right? Law 13.8 seems...
  14. W

Positioning

Hi, I ref U11's (where my son plays) and I seem to have a problem with positioning at the rucks and mauls. I get drawn into 'ball' watching and miss kids going offside behind me. What can I do to stop this behaviour or 'retrain' myself not to do it. Any practical suggestions welcome. Cheers...
  15. W

What watch to choose for christmas

Hi, I am getting a new watch for christmas, lucky boy that I am, and wondered what the best choice is. I have been considering the Casio Sport RFT-100-2VER Phys Referee/Multi-Sport Watch. Does anybody else have any suggestions. Cheers Sean