Search results

1. O

Last minute penalty shenanigens!

Hi all, long time, no post for various reasons! On saturday I had a L9 game, that was actually a good standard and could have been higher, however..... Last minute (last kick of the game), score is 26-26, and red awarded a penalty half way inside the blue 22, about 6m in from the left...
  2. O

Sour taste in the mouth.....

I had a game on saturday (Yellow 2nds v Black 3rds) which made me question why I give up my time to give two teams a game of rugby. I could have been at home doing something nice with my family instead! All seemed fine pre-match and probably for about 5 minutes into it - then the comments...
  3. O

Delaying the restart.... or play on?

I had this in a game yesterday and I was wondering what you guys think or would have done: Red scored a try and retired back to their own half for the restart (except kicker, who incidentally missed the conversion and then ran back). As I reached the half way line the red skipper asked if he...
  4. O

WB forgot his watch!

I was watching the Amlin Cup 1/4 final yesterday between Brive & Scarlets & saw something that astonished me. WB (who I thought had a great game) was NOT wearing a watch! Now I know that at that level you have 4th/5th officials to keep time but surely it's sensible to have some way of keeping...
  5. O

Calf seems good!

After almost a season suffering with pulled calves I had a fast-paced game on wednesday and went without mishap! Having paid a visit to a podiatrist almost a month ago I was given some orthotic insoles and some calf exercises to do, as well as having Asics boots recommended to me (for the 10mm...
  6. O

Confused?!

Question Reference Number: 399 The Blue ball-carrier runs towards Gold's goal-line and is tackled there. The ball-carrier dives forward into in-goal, but the ball is dislodged from his grasp and falls straight down. The ball lands on the ground with the Blue player on top of it facing up. The...
  7. O

Refs in the line of fire!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVNeb0Hm0hc Hiya everyone, I was just trawling the internet and came across this video collection of refs getting in the way; some of it is a bit of a chuckle. The thing that disturbs me is early on (around 35 seconds in) there is a ref involved in a collision...
  8. O

Wheeled scrums.

I had a situation yesterday (in a sevens tournament, however probably as applicable to 15s in theory), where red had put in at a scrum against blue. The scrum wheeled, with the ball still in the scrum so I blew, indicated it had wheeled and gave the scrum to blue (iaw Law 20.11). The blue...
  9. O

Official Referee Websites?

On completing my ELRA course last year I filled the paperwork in and ticked the box for accepting emails regarding Referee information and RFU offers, tickets and news, however to date I haven't had anything from the RFU. My other half, as a registered member of the RFU website, gets almost an...
  10. O

FIXED:Question Reference Number: 290

When a defending player plays the ball from outside the 22 and it goes into that player’s 22 or in-goal area without touching an opposition player and then that player or another player from that team kicks the ball directly into touch before it touches an opposition player, or a tackle takes...
  11. O

FIXED:Question Reference Number: 294

Blue #12 is just outside of their 22 and passes across the 22-metre line to Blue #14. Blue #14 kicks directly into touch at Gold's 10-metre line. What do you do? Incorrect - You answered A. The correct answer is: B. 19.1b : When a defending player plays the ball from outside the 22 and it goes...
  12. O

Change strip for a referee?

Happy New Year to you all! Having collected my shiny new society kit (white shirt, blue shorts/socks) I was wondering what the acceptable standard is for a change shirt for referees, in the event of a clash with either/both teams. I have been looking at Lovell rugby and have seen a couple of...